View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sam (VOTE for Initial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
In that case wouldn't this be much easier since it doesn't matter who controls the player the controlling player must re-roll all dice.

HALLOWED TRADITIONS
Whenever a player rolls dice for a figure, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do that player must re-roll all dice.
That boxes out the Secret Identity stuff. The idea is he uses his powers to punish people who don't wear costumes and reward people who do. Rerolling dice is good for you, so you can only do it to your guys if they're in costume. It's bad for your opponents, so you can only do it to their guys if they're not in costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Does "whenever" mean before, during, or after rolling dice?
After. That's clearer than whenever, so I'll change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
So if you control it, but it doesn't have a secret identity, the power does nothing? The gap between the two conditions is still ambiguous - very easy to not meet either one.
Correct. Why would he help you if you won't even dress up?

I think an "Otherwise, nothing happens" at the end would be mostly clear there.

We could also try to shuffle things around and just box in how the targeting works. Let me see how that might read:

HALLOWED TRADITION
After dice are rolled for a friendly figure with a Secret Identity, or an opponent's figure without a Secret Identity you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, the player that controls that figure must reroll all dice.