View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Heroscape Codex Vol. 2 is HERE!!

Pretty much just had the chance to skim it, but honestly it's better than I expected! Definitely rougher looking, but the original Codex looked EXTREMELY professional, so that's a bar that's really tough to reach. I'm sure with time the look will improve.

One thing I really liked was the interviews with various prominent members. I feel like at this point, with the custom community being the biggest part of the modern Heroscapers universe, guys like ZBeebs (if you'll excuse the nickname ) are the closest thing to original design team interviews we should be able to muster. It'd be really awesome if you could get big names from the old days to put pen to paper, but considering how scarce they tend to be that's probably a longshot.

If I could offer a suggestion, it'd be more analysis of the boards. Sort of a "Week at Heroscapers" thing but less a summary of things and more of an... analysis. "C3V announced these figures - wonder what they'll do!" or "This project here has started up and looks like it has potential." Maybe take a popular thread and take some top quotes from it. Letters to the Editor column, some op-eds... there's a lot you can do in quick, snappy bits.

It definitely feels pretty unprofessional and fresh, but like I said, that'll come with time. Hopefully you guys are in it for the long haul, because I think there's a lot of potential here.

And, of course, if you ever need some content from C3G, we'd be happy to accommodate.