View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: What really grinds my gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
So again people is still missing a point.
What point are we missing?

Because what really grinds my gears is that you haven't completely stated yours.

So you are griping that there are dozens of versions of the same figure on this site? Guess what: each person that creates a custom thread on this site makes there own version of a well known figure. It's what happens when those well known figures are also well liked. How can you hold that against them?

As to your comments about Thanos: Hasbro Thanos is good. Not great, but good. Sure, it's your opinion that he may be junk, but I can say the exact same thing about your "official" figures. Let me ask: How much do you playtest your figures? I would daresay the answer is: 0. Does that make yours better or worse by any means? I wouldn't know. But I would say that I would have more faith in Hasbro's and C3G's figures because I know they were put through a rigorous playtesting. And the cards are actually formatted correctly. Yes, those custom figures out there are great to look at out there too, and some/several will be fun to play, don't get me wrong.

Now, I think the issue is that you want more people to look at your custom's thread, and you are irritated that hardly anyone cares to look at what you have. Just to let you know, this has always been a problem since the beginning of the Marvel Customs. When IamBatman started out on this site he had his own custom thread, and no one would look at his either. And guess what he did? He kept on posting this customs anyway, and simply enjoyed the fact that he could get them out there. Eventually, people DID start looking at his thread, since he was one of the few people to continue making them. Now he is one of the premier C3G Heroes. He worked hard and continued even when no one cared, and eventually they did care. You want the same treatment? Then make those obscure SuperHeroes and then people will pay attention, eventually. It will certainly take a while; yet you want them to pay attention to you NOW. What will happen is that you will push people away, which is already happening. Want to be heard now? Then quit the complaining and get your butt over to C3G and help out. You WILL be heard and eventually get your reputation back as the "Obscure One," due to your love of obscure characters.