View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: New tournament format?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I thought this was a good idea when your daughter first pitched it and I still like it. It probably wouldn't be too hard to create 20 non-overlaping armies. The difficulty would be matching them up relatively evenly. But I think to counter-act that, we could maybe have the lower-ranked player choose their army first (except for the first round of course).
Or have small armies & switch off, two battles each round, so everyone gets a chance with every army.

That was the tourney I linked above, we had 16 people, four maps & four map-linked armies with two sets of each map. The way the numbers worked everybody got to play each round on a different map and, once there, used both armies. At our event they used the army they'd brought & the "house" army; at your event the only difference would be they'd use two "house" armies.

It's a great idea. I highly recommend 2-battle rounds.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =