View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2020, 01:15 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
What kind of synergy did you have in mind, Flash?

I had another idea for the Scions that, while super weird, could also end up being really fun...

Quote:
Voidspawn Parasites (Eldrazi Scions)

1 Life / 5 move / 1 Range / 1 Attack / 4 Defense

PSYCHO-SYMBIOSIS
Hero figures roll +1 Attack and Defense dice for each adjacent Voidspawn Parasite.

CLINGING EMBRACE
After moving normally with a hero figure you control, if that hero was adjacent to one or more Voidspawn Parasites at the start of its turn, you may place each of those Voidspawn Parasites on an empty space adjacent to that hero. If a Voidspawn Parasite was engaged when using Clinging Embrace, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

PARASITIC HUNGER
At the end of each round, destroy each Voidspawn Parasite that is not adjacent to a hero. Then, roll the d20 for each hero adjacent to one or more Voidspawn Parasites. If you roll a 20 or higher, that hero receives a wound. Add 5 to your roll for each Voidspawn Parasite adjacent to that hero.
An alternate version of Parasitic Hunger could be, "at the end of each round, destroy each Voidspawn Parasite that is not adjacent to a hero. Then roll the d20 once for each Voidspawn Parasite you control. If you roll a 15 or higher, deal 1 wound to each hero figure adjacent to that Voidspawn Parasite."

It could also be interesting to make Clinging Embrace mandatory to use if possible...

As written, I'm a little worried that these guys could be overpowered in the right army builds, although Parasitic Hunger is quite the drawback. If necessary, Parasitic Hunger could be modified to only affect friendly heroes to further rein in their power level. Thematically though I love the idea of these guys as alien parasites from another dimension who can psychically increase the strength of their host in exchange for draining their life-force... I can share more thoughts after I get out of work today, but just wanted to throw this out there.
Those are some cool ideas for sure!

My initial thoughts (very unpolished by the way) might include some of the following:

Bonding with a Mindflayer (though I can understand potential arguments against that - including making the set feel like it's incomplete without a mindflayer, which may go against one of the main reasons for the project)

Enhancing the likelihood of Enslave rolls if they are engaged with a figure that is being "Enslaved" (once again, could be an issue if it feels like it reduces the need for Cxurg'gyath or increases the power too much.)

Or you just might give them Enslave with the stipulation that they die after using it. Something like "At the end of your turn if a Scion you control inflicted a wound on a unique hero, you make take a turn with that hero. After taking that turn, destroy one Scion you control."

I dunno. There are some very unpolished ideas. Take them for what they're worth.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog