View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2021, 03:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The future of Heroscapers, Gen Con, and gaming

I like the sound of ScapeCon a lot, but I struggle to justify going without also being able to do all the other GenCon stuff I do (checking out new games at the dealer hall, playing Pathfinder and Starfinder, etc.). And GenCon feels considerably less appealing without Heroscape being involved.

Overall I'm pretty bummed out about this announcement. The Heroscape tables are like a "home base" at GenCon that makes the experience of wandering around alone considerably less lonely. Other than meeting up and staying with Heroscapers, I've only attended GenCon with a friend once.

Could be cool for the two cons to be in the same week (Saturday-Tuesday -> Thursday-Sunday), so it would just be one trip to hit both. Otherwise they almost have to be months apart for me to consider doing both.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV