View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gencon 2018 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ok, thanks.

The reason I like TD'ing General Wars so much is that (1) it's an honor to be asked to take such a weighty responsibility, (2) there are a zillion people, and (3) I'm really not much good at building optimized armies. And GW is about optimized armies.

I am happy to accept your analysis as superior to mine, and I'm glad you guys were there again.
Not saying my analysis is superior, sorry if it came off that way. I just think Decthchasers will struggle in the long game against these because while these other armies have two excellent components, the Deathcahsers could fall quick and then they could be in some trouble. Would you agree that the two best armies for them would have probably been 4x DCs, Nerak, OP, and Hydra and 5x DCs, Nerak, OP, Me-Burq-Sa, and Isamu? That's the best I'm making. Maybe no OP? Could be problematic without him to try to tie up and whack the big guys, although he could run into problems with Dwarves and 10th screening for Nilf and Q9, respectively.

Unfortunately, GW is really about optimization. I'd like to see it done away with next year as it only had 22 people iirc. The top 2 for Utgar/Valkrill were the Stingers/Mezzos, the top 3 for Einar/Vydar were the 10th/Q9, and I took Jandar with the Dwarves/Nilf/Raelin. That's 6 of the top records playing the Big 3, and while I think the Deathchasers piloted well could have gone 3-2, I think their trouble would have been in consistently pulling off wins in those matchups.

It was too bad you guys couldn't make it. Hope to see you there next year!