Thread: Quick Apology
View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Quick Apology

I understand. It's a fair discussion.

Thank you for the kind words. When I dock someone - and it has happened, occasionally - I do a couple things.

1. I (almost always) leave it anonymously.
2. I am very clear about why I did it. And never rude. Name calling? I believe you, but I'm disappointed to hear it. I've gotten a couple ones that were silly, but I laughed them off.

Then, because I've communicated privately, I can let it go. Also, because it's anonymous, it's over, and because I was clear about why I did it, the person can either accept it (fine) or ignore it (not my business). It doesn't turn into a back-and-forth thing. That's how it's supposed to work. I wrote it up in a post in my sig, precisely because I don't want people getting agitated about it needlessly.

I suppose I am aware that some people do not use docks the same way I do.

All I know for sure is that I find this forum far more genteel and welcoming than BGG. You describe "elitism" here, and maybe it feels that way, but I think people there are very quick to be sarcastic or otherwise rude to each other. I prefer it here. What led to this thread was very unusual, in my humble opinion, for this site, and it really wasn't bad, compared to the rest of the internet.

The rep system is something that I think reasonable people can disagree about. As to whether your post was truly a "necro," it wasn't, really. I confess it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =