View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I feel like you stripped out the stuff I liked from your designs.

Making Demetria a Warlord is a mistake and would get a downvote from me and probably others. It's not a unit I want to see bond with Romans, and we've gone far enough with making Warlords. I do agree in general that having three powers is too many on this design. Life Drain and Enslave are already special enough. Making a design to match something about a mini (the sword, in this case), is something that's way overdone in VC. The sword doesn't need a power. Life Drain + Enslave is plenty interesting. Why does she need a ranged attack, and how is she able to Life Drain from a distance?

The combination of Ullar's Battle Cry and the prior version of the special attack had a cool synergy. It also worked well with being a warlord (with Bonding). You lost that with this version. This version of the special attack is barely interesting, mostly just for the fact that it's a special attack. I'd rather you just dropped it at this point.

One thing in general with these designs is a lack of any weakness. That can be ok, but it makes designs less interesting. A benefit to the Sonic Sword change to Demetria is that it takes away her multi-target attack, which gives her a weakness to squads. I like that about it (though simply dropping the power accomplishes that). Rania has good Defense, unusual for an Elf, and good Life, along with solid stats otherwise. Bonding ensures that it doesn't matter she can only attack a single target. A special attack doesn't just shore up a potential weakness for her, it does so for stuff she bonds with too. She's a decent fighter with a good cheerleading ability--no real weaknesses. Be careful making all-rounder units; they not only have to be expensive but it makes them less interesting to play with and against.