View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Transcendental Argument for the Existence of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
As a religious, believe in God person who also really likes science, the whole notion of using science to "prove" God bothers me. By definition there is no way to observe and measure the supernatural. The rationale in the OP is kind of nutty to me.

At the same time, the science only types who say things like "evolution, therefore no god" at least equally bother me. Some of those guys, who almost explicitly state that you have to go through the scientific method for everything, then practically use the creationist/intelligent design playbook to "disprove" God*. And they seem constitutionally incapable of seeing the irony.

* I've read at least 3 popular science books recently where in the middle of talking about something like evolution and how we got to some of the understanding we have, they pontificate on how there is no God, and religion is completely irrational. The foundation for their thesis seems to be that there is evolution, so obviously there isn't something we can't observe or measure. Even more ironic when they then talk about dark matter and dark energy.
Excellent post, and I couldn't agree more. By definition, there is zero evidence for and against that which cannot be measured. Which is why, IMHO, people should not needle (/torture/ fight/ proselytize/ bully/ etc.) each other on the subject, though of course civilized conversations are welcome and encouraged.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =