View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2021, 08:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Iron Legion Drone - Breathing

Happy to see these guys finally break free of the bureaucracy!

So a few stray thoughts:

-One comment that was brought up in voting was a desire to make the bonding more unique. I know LP is a bit busy with IRL stuff rn, but hopefully he can pop in with some ideas on that. But just off the top of my head, is something like this worth considering?
Quote:
AUTONOMOUS COMBAT CIRCUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control, instead of
-Moving with that figure, you may move with this Iron Legion Drone.
-Attacking with that figure, you may attack with this Iron Legion Drone.
Only one Iron Legion Drone may use this special power per turn, or two if the figure you revealed an Order Marker on has the identity of Tony Stark.
Like that’s a rough draft, but it trades off some of the utility in a pure Iron army for being able to mix them into more generalist stuff, like Avengers. Should probably only work if you control a Tony just to keep you from tossing them into random builds.

-House Party does feel a bit superfluous when they already have a turn bonding thing. Also doesn’t feel majorly relevant to their role in the movies or comics. Don’t hate it, just wonder if it’s the best fit.

-On a similar note, so much of their role in the films/comics has to do with guarding/crowd control/etc. That’s something that Iron Man V really needs/wants, so wonder if there’s a way to give them that role?

-Repulsor Blasts feels pretty complex for what it’s doing. That’s totally just the nature of that kind of power, but I wonder if there’s a simpler way to portray the Repulsor theme?

-Slotting Power Armor in there might be a good idea.

Writing that out, it seems like a lot of criticism, but I actually like the design a lot as-is! Excited for what this adds to Iron armies.