View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2022, 10:13 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2.0 and Halloween: On Gaming Moral Sensibiliti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
First of all, really great and thought provoking post Chas. Bravo!

I guess I haven’t really given it much thought. Yes there were pirates originally planned for Heroscape. I’ve seen the sculps. They would have fit the old aesthetic, and would have likely been many fan’s favorites. As with all the other old scape, the sculps were done by Bob Naismith in his unique and recognizable style. This was before 3D digital sculpting became industry standard. I had been a fan of Bob’s work long before Heroscape and recognizing his style was a big part of my original fascination with the game.

When I first laid my eyes on the new Heroscape miniatures at Gencon, and finding out about the need for players to paint the figures, I was rather excited about the space pirates and the critter commandos. As with all other miniatures, I collect what I like to paint.

I have no interest in painting the aliens at all. I mean when I played 40K, I didn’t buy or play Tyrranids for the exact same reason. I just don’t want to paint them, and I don’t want to play unpainted figures. If I invest in this, I will need to sell off or trade off the things I don’t want to paint. I’m just now realizing this.
I thought I saw Bob post one of his original Marro sketches on Facebook, and I think dok implied in a comment that Bob was doing concept art for AoA.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV