View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nico Minoru (Design Phase)

So, we've got the last Runaway here. A few points:

--- The big benefit here is that she'll be giving movement bonding, something that the Runaways desperately need. The current version is pretty bare bones and simple, but we can tweak it (and strengthen it) if need be. One idea I have is to have it trigger based on the OMs you have on Runaways you control. Something like this:

"TRY NOT TO DIE"
Before revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move one Runaway you control for each unrevealed Order Marker on a Unique Runaway Hero you control. If you do, Nico Minoru cannot move this turn. Nico may be one of the Runaways moved with this special power.

That would give you a maximum of NINE figures per round, but only if you take a turn with Nico all three turns.

(By the way, the name is a reference to THIS PAGE.)

--- We could fold Curse of One into Staff of One but I couldn't find a way to do so without it feeling tacked on (which it is).

--- I'm hoping that she comes out to 180-200, depending on where Gert/Old Lace end up. Between them, the full army will look like this:

Nico (180-200)
Gert/Old Lace (150-170)
Chase (130)
Karolina (130)
Molly (180)

The total there is 800, nice round number. And it leaves headroom for Alex, Xavin, Victor, and whoever else is designed in the future. Is this Nico worth that much? No idea!

--- Also open to personality suggestions. Dedicated works but I'm kind of liking Sardonic? But that might overlap with Gert's Cynical a bit too much...

--- Also, while I'm here - the original Nico figure is linked in the first post, and we have pictures of it, but it's nightmarishly ugly even by Heroclix standards. The new What If? set had the Runaways but most of them were in weird superhero outfits - we did, however, get a new normal Nico:

Unfortunately, it's $10+ and I can't find any good pictures of it. We should be good to go, but if anyone wants to pick one up and see how it looks, be my guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Any specific reason for 5 Life?
Keeping her points up. Realistically she should probably have less Life and more base Defense, though. She's absolutely a normal human without the staff.