View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:31 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Xundar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I just realized today that Xundar has crossed a line in Heroscape naming conventions. Until this unit, there have never been multiple special powers with the same title but different game effects. Xundar's SHADOW MASTER is completely different from the Varkaanan Darkclaws' SHADOW MASTERS.

Surely if there's ever any hero (Darkclaw or otherwise) who has the +1 Att/Def buff while standing on a shadow space, that power should be called SHADOW MASTER. Likewise, if there's ever a squaddie version of Xundar with his same pseudo-Shadow-bonding power, that one would be called SHADOW MASTERS. (I'm not claiming these units should be made or that they should have these powers; just illustrating one aspect of why the power naming conventions matter.)

To respect the integrity of the nomenclature system, I would suggest that the committee consider renaming of one of these two specials. I realize this pits C3V and SoV designs against each other in a tiny way, but I'm optimistic this can be resolved amicably. As a disinterested third party, I'd suggest that the logical candidate for a power title upgrade would be Xundar, since he came later and thus the need to devise a new title would have fallen to him.
Yeah, I realized that after the units were released. The C3V is really against changing any published cards, and the names are technically (barely) different. But yeah, this shouldn't have happened. I should have been more aware in Editing.