View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played two games of Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game last night. We're getting a little faster at it now that we have a better idea of what is in the cards.

The first matchup had me using the Starks against the Lannisters. I thought this would be a close match as the two times these families were used in the past, they dominated their opponents (Targaryeons and Baratheons, respectively). Both families are good at forcing the other to lose cards, Starks with Military conquest and Lannisters with Intrigue battles. Not only that, but the Starks are weak in Intrigue (while Lannisters are strong, obviously) and Lannisters are weaker in Military conquest. And yet, the Starks moved too fast for the Lannisters to ever get going, and won this match a solid 15-0.

The second game was closer, as my brother used the Targaryeons vs my Lannisters. The Targs have a lot of items/attachments they can bring into play making them extremely powerful, and they have the ability to grab those attachments back from the discard pile everytime they play a new Targ unit. It took me a while to get any gold generating units out, and suffered because of it. This match went longer, and I had moments of greatness, but it eventually ended at 15-7.

Still very much enjoying this game, and think it may be a new favourite. Will have to see if the 'new game feeling' wears off and lowers my excitement about it.