View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2021, 03:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

I don't particularly mind RotV repaints in principle (I'm sure that many of us have at least one extra set lying around), but as DanieLoche said, there are a few unique factors that made Tyrian fitting as an existing unit repainted. My understanding is that he was more available at the time (there has been pushback against a repainted Einar Imperium today, for example, because it wouldn't meet the availability goals of VC), the repaint is fairly simple, and he's an existing character from the lore who was stated to be a Protector of Ullar who joined Jandar. I also think that it's worth noting that the repaint isn't actually super important to do, since he's not very likely to be fielded with Protectors anyway (similar to how Sam Brown doesn't need to be repainted if you don't play him with 4th Mass).

On the contrary, Samurai support heroes are very likely to be fielded in the same army as the Izumi Samurai, so the repaint will be slightly more important. If it's proven to be an easy enough process to do, then I think that it's worth exploring, but it is worth noting that this would be a new step to a certain extent.

As a more personal gripe, I'm not a huge fan of using three Izumi sculpts to represent three different Samurai squads with their own unique aesthetics. It's not the end of the world, but one of the things that I like about the existing Samurai is that each has their own unique visual style. The Izumi squad figure with crossed swords doesn't really match the armor of either the Kozuke or the Tagawa, for example, so it would stand out as a hero "mirroring" them. But that's more directed towards this specific use case than the topic of RotV repaints in general. With the right design, paint scheme, and theme, I would probably be fine with a RotV repaint.