View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
If the public play test forum was used for earlier designs (maybe with a warning that it is earlier in the process, and might be horribly broken) then the issue of not knowing what the design is going to be would not be as prevalent.
I'd also like to see the designs that are taken out of play testing still referenced somewhere. Either lock the thread with a note that public play testing for that design is no longer being requested, or just a sticky thread with the last version and a note that it is in internal review/playtesting.
No, we aren't putting half-baked ideas into Playtesting. Not even our internal playtesting. That would be an unkindness to our playtesters and no use to us, and a waste of your time, when we still don't believe that the unit is ready.

Each and every public playtest is valuable to us. You are essentially suggesting that we give you guys busywork, in that your tests would not actually be adding value to what we do, and those tests would just keep you busy for your own amusement. And we'd have to monitor it.

If a unit isn't in public playtesting, that's because it's not ready for that yet. Not because we're keeping it a secret, but because we know it isn't ready.

On the other hand, I disagree with the Frog about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's a public playtesting forum, not a "free previews" forum.
Of course it is! We are thrilled to use it as a free preview forum. But, just as you don't get to see John Wick 4 previews now, while the film hasn't even been shot yet, public playtesting is not a preview of units that are simply not ready to be shared. It's a free preview of units that, like the next opus in the Star Wars melange, is ready for people to have a look at.

Quote:
I do like the idea of putting in some collection notes like "solo hero" or "goes with X unreleased figure".
We probably could do this. But no promises on how helpful it will be!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =