View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Play-tested Custom Terrain Sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I will say we've talked about it custom terrain (in the C3V), but there's some issues:
  • It's probably not the kind of thing you can buy off the shelf, and we try to stay away from DIY stuff.
  • Anything we could come up with would likely be obstacles only (like Ticalla Jungle), and it would be hard to differentiate it from TJ rules-wise.
  • It would be hard for our terrain to gain widespread acceptance without being a part of VirtualScape, which is no longer being updated.

I think destructible objects are a possibility, but I think that a terrain expansion is highly unlikely.
Does the Arena of the Planeswalkers terrain do enough to address some of those concerns? Sandstone hardly needs additional rules, but there could be some interesting potential with the Cryptoliths, and they come completely ready to slot into normal battlefields (and they remove even more easily than the fortress door, if the Destructible Object route is taken).

The last issue is definitely a problem, but people have been representing Treasure Glyphs with the Glyph of Brandar in VirtualScape and I think that it comes across fairly well. So long as the build instructions include an explanation, I think that we can get around that obstacle, although it would admittedly be weird.