View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Letters From the Front

At around that point, my brother, bless his heart, was starting to wear thin on his patience with us nitwits. He needed a chance to be a player for awhile or we'd be done. So Dave, who plays our ranger, stepped up to DM. After a couple of weeks we learned that Dave would be running, for us, the official campaign Storm King's Thunder.

POSTS ABOUT DAVE'S CAMPAIGN WILL THEREFORE HAVE SPOILERS ABOUT STORM KING'S THUNDER. It's official content and I know what it is and it will be spoilered.

Here we go!

The Dramatis personae:
Sand ~ Me. A wood elf rogue, of the Scout subclass. A hardened CN criminal. I wanted to play a character who could not be bothered to rescue cats from trees. This is not a scoundrel with a heart of gold, like Del, Sand is one of the few survivors from a group of highwaymen, and he wants to both survive and to avenge his fallen brothers. He's the darkest character I've ever rolled. Looking forward to seeing where he goes. So far, imagine him as a borderline dark cowboy from a spaghetti western, who stumbled across the rest of the party, the members of which already had a history together.

Peanut ~ My brother's gnome cleric. Played as a bossy child prodigy. I can't remember her subclass. She's normally a pain but Sand has already learned to tune her out and have some big brotherly affection for her other times.

Nigel ~ Half orc two-weapon strength-based fighter, played by the guy who plays the halfling monk in my brother's campaign.

Owsley ~ Goliath barbarian. Played by the guy who plays the gnome barbarian in the other campaign. We're all having fun here. Don't judge us.

The other three had some kind of prior relationship. They met Sand one morning in a Daggerfell tavern, to work together on a job. Now, those of you who don't want to know about Storm King's Thunder, take a hike.

Spoiler Alert!

Meanwhile, we're going to put that campaign on hold and go back to the story of Del, Sorcerer, Adventurer, and Gentleman, and I look forward to opening that journal again and reading the next chapter this coming Tuesday evening.

Thanks for your interest, all, and keep your own stories coming! I just went through all these old posts with my brother, and we realized how much was in here that we'd just forgotten. Maybe some of you will do the same.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =