View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Hello all,

as there is no BOOKS of any of the Wildwoods yet, I feel compelled to ask a few rulings about these fellas I had as I was playtesting them today:

1) Monarch's Nature's Keeper ability - Wildwoods can't attack each other. Ok. This raises the question: Can you normally attack your own friendly figure, or does it have to be with some sort of opponent taking control of a figure/Marcu shenanigans? I was never aware it was an option to attack your own guys.

2) Seedling + Verdant Growth + Vigorous Growth - How do these abilities 'stack'? I have not really ever heard a proper ruling about how multiple triggered abilities resolve in Heroscape, one at a time or simultaneously. If you have a previously destroyed monarch and a previously destroyed sentinel, can you resolve Vigorous growth, then Verdant growth, then get a seedling? It's only really clear to me that these abilities only trigger once, but it is not clear to me if a monarch that begins the round destroyed has to be on the battlefield for the seedling power to resolve, if they happen one at a time. What's more, can you destroy your own runner to turn it into a sentinel, and then place that runner you just destroyed by the monarch's seedling ability?

3) This is the simplest question to answer, but with the bonding on these guys, one order marker on the Monarch allows you to also take a turn with a sentinel and a runner because of the way it chains, right?
Here is a draft of the planned R&Cs (wording not yet approved by the Rules dept) for the Wildwoods:
Quote:
Q: After taking a turn with the Wildwood Monarch, you can take a turn with Wildwood Sentienl using Trunk of the Awakened Forest. After the Sentinel turn, could you then use Branch of the Awakened Forest to take a turn with a Wildwood Runner?
A: Yes!

Q: How does the Wildwood life cycle work?
A: At the start of each round, you can, in any order:
  • Upgrade a Runner to a Sentinel
  • Upgrade a Sentinel into the Monarch
  • Place a Runner adjacent to the Monarch
You cannot upgrade a figure you just placed, nor can you place a Runner if you just placed the Monarch. So, for example, you cannot upgrade a Runner into a Sentinel and then immediately upgrade it into the Monarch. Nor can you upgrade a Sentinel into the Monarch and then immediately place a Runner next to it.

Any unit placed must come from your reserves. You may upgrade a Runner into a Sentinel, which puts that Runner into your reserves, then place that Runner from your reserves adjacent to the Monarch.