View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hush - Design Phase

Alright, here's my thoughts on Hush:

Basic stats are fine, though I'd consider dropping his Life down to 4 (if only because that's par for Humans and he's pretty much equal to Batman in that sense). Left Box is just about perfect.

For powers, I'd switch Master Plan for vanilla Master Manipulator, and expand on Obsessive Vendetta. I feel like Hush shouldn't just be limited to any particular group of characters for his Manipulation - he could just as easily (or more easily) pull the strings of Creeper or Harley Quinn as Lex Luthor. But limiting Obsessive Vendetta to people more "brutal" in nature DOES make sense to me.

Weakness Exploitation isn't bad, but I, personally, would rather see a twist on Double Attack - his Twin .45s and experience as a surgeon are both pretty important character traits, so a ranged double attack and the ability to deal some real damage to an adjacent figure makes a good deal of sense. I DO think Weakness Exploitation works, though; if we stick with that I won't go cryin'. So, here's what I'd do:

OBSESSIVE VENDETTA
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. Hush and any Criminals or Crime Lords you control taking a turn with Master Manipulator adds 1 die to their normal attack when attacking the chosen figure. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn, if the figure chosen by Obsessive Vendetta received 1 or more wounds from Hush or a Criminal or Crime Lord you control, you may immediately take another turn with a Criminal or Crime Lord you control.

MASTER MANIPULATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on Hush's card, instead of taking that turn with Hush, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero you control within clear sight of Hush.

EXPERT ASSAULT
When Hush attacks a non-adjacent figure, he may attack one additional time. When Hush attacks an adjacent figure, if he inflicts at least one wound, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

Also, HERE is a better picture, though it has a watermark; I don't think it would be too tough to crop that part out, though.