View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Initial Playtesting)

So after that, here's the changes I'm considering.
Quote:
NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTITY = BROCK RUMLOW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

TRIGGER MAN
After attacking a non-adjacent figure with Crossbones's normal attack, if you did not reveal an Order Marker on Crossbones this turn, he may attack one additional time.

BRUTALITY 4
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the Attack number on the defending figure's card is 4 or less and the defending figure does not have the Superstrength special power, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die.

HUMAN SHIELD 11
Anytime Crossbones is attacked by a non-adjacent opponent's figure with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure without the Super Strength special power. If you do not control the chosen figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, or if you control the chosen figure, and Crossbones would receive one or more wounds from that attack, ignore one of those wounds and inflict a wound on the figure chosen for Human Shield.
The Brutality change is the one I suggested earlier.

Switched up Human Shield a little bit. I found it really frustrating to have this power set up perfectly, with one of my own squad figures adjacent to Brock, only to have the power not work because of a D20 flub. I tried to use it twice in my games, and it failed both times. Hoping this new version isn't too much of a course correction in the opposite direction, but I really feel like choosing your own figure should always work, similar to Lex II or Madame Hydra.