View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape and Magic: the Gathering - Inventive Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezandcshow View Post
Multi-Faction Units are basically like multicolor creatures in Magic. These would work for two or more factions at a time, and bring new mechanics to the game. For example, if two abilities were to target units of seperate factions, a multi-faction unit would be affected by both, be it positive or negative.
Interesting idea. The fact is, though, you can mix different units from different factions at will, so this wouldn't really be a factor in HS. Having a figure that suffers effects from multi-factions is viable, though, I suppose.
Quote:
Energy
Quote:
, like Mana in Magic, is used to pay for artifacts and spells(explained later), and is put into the form of counters that you put one onto a creature of your choice on your turn. They could come in boxes with the artifacts or sets of spells, with an amount equal to the total required to play the one of highest cost. The energy is removed from the unit once it is used, but can be re-used on other ones. It is developed from whatever faction is developing it or can be colorless for generic spells and artifacts.
Several have tinkered with this on custom units. It's called "The Gift of Magic." Do a serach in the custom section or check out the issues of the HS Codex. Also, take a look at Morsbane, an official fig who also follows this schema (to some extent).

Quote:
Artifacts
Quote:
can be compared to glyphs or the Fortress Door. Unlike glyphs, they are figures themselves and can be put onto the card of whatever picks it up (it is picked up when you're adjacent to it). They can give special benefits to the "equipped" unit, whether activated or not.
Custom creators have devised "equipment" glyphs, which I think is what you're getting at here. Again, search the cutom forum or look in the Codex.

Quote:
Positive/Negative Counters
Quote:
can put unexpected spins on the functioning of a unit, either increasing or decreasing attack, defense, range, or movement. Usually it could come from a unit ability, an artifact or a spell.
This has been done, to some extent, on official units like the Tagawa Samurai.

Magic is a great game, for a lot of the same reasons that HS is, so I agree with you, there.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations