View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2019, 03:15 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Testing

Managed to get some people over for some silly fun in a 3-player drafting event. I created two different pools of 100-point standalone-ish units to make the decision process easier for some new players, but threw in Tetsuo to see how he felt in this environment.

Played on a Custom 3-Player Map
Objective: Kill the Player to Your Left
400 Points
No Glyphs

Picture of Map:

Astro: Tetsuo Tyrell, Sentinels of Grax, Elite Onyx Vipers, Rujin
Trying to kill Nathan

Nathan: Wyvern, Mind Flayer Mastermind, Deathstalkers, Ogre Pulverizer
Trying to kill Nick

Nick: Syvarris, Agent Carr, Kozuke Samurai, Masha Shingai
Trying to kill Astro

SURVIVING:
Rujin (unwounded), 2x Sentinels of Grax, 2x Elite Onyx Vipers
Masha Shingai (unwounded)

GAME SUMMARY:
Nick went after me early on with Syvarris and Agent Carr, but Rujin healed away any damage that they dealt. Tetsuo came out to try and steal some turns with them, but he failed on Agent Carr and finished off Syvarris in one blow. After realizing that I had almost finished off Nick altogether, I switched my tactics to attacking Nathan with my Elite Onyx Vipers. Both of them were already pretty crippled thanks to some whiffs from Nathan and Counter Strike, so I was able to finish Nathan off and win the game.

TETSUO USAGE:
(3/3) attack against (0/2) defense from a wounded Syvarris, killing him before Mind Jack had a chance.
He then took 4 wounds from Agent Carr after whiffing defense.
I decided to use Neural Overclock next turn from height against Agent Carr, dealing 3 wounds to him but failing the Mind Jack roll with a 4 on the D20.
Tetsuo died the next turn to Agent Carr’s Sword of Reckoning.

THOUGHTS:
He got a lucky shot in against Syvarris (too lucky ) and dealt good damage overall, but he went out like a candle as soon as Nick stopped focusing on Rujin. The 4 range definitely requires him to be in a lot of danger with that 2 defense, so sometimes he's just going to fall flat on his face.

I liked the feeling of Neural Overclock. While the wound is a tough penalty, he's fragile enough that you really want to consider that choice before he potentially dies the next turn.