View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Beta Ray Bill (Design Phase)

I really like this design, it captures Beta Ray perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
BACK TO BACK
At the start of the game, you may choose one other Unique Guardian Hero or Unique Champion Hero you control. If Beta Ray Bill and the chosen hero are adjacent to each other when an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen hero's card, after taking that turn, if they are still adjacent, and both of them are engaged, you may immediately attack with Beta Ray Bill's normal attack or special attack.
Cueing Omegacron's card, the last line should read: "you may immediately take a turn with Beta Ray Bill, in which he may only attack."
C3G doesn't use that wording, they've always used wording like Beta Ray already has.

As to the design, a couple thoughts/suggestions:
1) Shouldn't Back to Back be Champions and Guards instead of Champions and Guardians? Sif, who should work with Beta Ray, is a Guard and not a Guardian (the only other current Guard is Aaron Cash).
2) Is there a reason for him not to be a Champion? I think it'd be nice if he was a Champion so Sif could use her Fierce Devotion power with him (which would make them an awesome duo).
3) Personally, I think the engagement restriction should be dropped from Back to Back. It's already very limited, with the engagement restriction I worry it will be too hard to pull off. Plus, I love the thematic imagine of Beta Ray and Thor standing back to back tossing their hammers around.
4) For Stormbreaker, how about wording it like this:
STORMBREAKER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4 + Special. Attack 3 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, you may subtract 3 from the Range number. If you do, Beta Ray Bill may attack any or all figures adjacent to him, one at a time, rolling 1 additional attack die for each figure Beta Ray Bill has previously attacked this turn, to a maximum of +3 dice.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!