View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2016, 05:26 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Sunfire - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I don't like how it encourages the player to not move figures from their startzone. I wish I had another suggestion for Honor of My Country because I feel that's really important for this character but I don't have one at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the theme behind Honor but not sure about it's execution. Have we referenced Start Zones before on a card power? Either way, I don't like the encouragement of start zone pod sitting, that is super boring for the other team.
Normally I'm not a fan of encouraging players to sit in their startzone, but I do think it's an interesting territory for designing that we haven't explored yet, and very thematic for the character.

And yes, we've referenced Start Zones in powers before (Heimdall and the Bifrost for instance, but I'm not sure if we've used it on any other cards or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I like Honor of my Country - definitely feels appropriate. Probably needs a name change, though, as your start zones in Madripoor or Canada definitely aren't Japan. "Honorable Defender" or something. I'll think on it.
Good call on the name change. I like Honorable Defender.

Quote:
I'd say cut Counter Strike as well. He's always darting around in my experience, with limited hand-to-hand combat stuff. An "only against range" counter strike might be cool, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Then Johnnys ranged counterstrike suggestion sounds fun.

RANGED COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Sunfire, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
A ranged counter strike would be a fun power, but doesn't seem particularly thematic for the character. I'd rather just go without a defense power to keep the design simple.

Quote:
I'm actually not 100% sure if he's immune to fire, actually. Anyone know for sure?
I wasn't sure myself, but doing some research it looks like he is immune to fire:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sunfire has the ability to form a psionic force field while using his plasma as protection from heat and radiation, both that of his own generation and that from outside sources.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicvine
Sunfire also generates an invisible field of psionic energy which protects him from the heat and radiation generated by his own powers, as well as from outside sources.
The one other power option I had considered was something along the lines of Pyro's Engulf ability, since Wikipedia, Comicvine, and Marvel Database all mention he can radiate intense heat outwards from him (even to extremes similar to Johnny Storm's Supernova); and I know he does it in other media (such as the old X-Men Legends II video game).

EDIT: Missed Bats post; I'm not opposed to some of the other changes to simplify it mechanically, but I also don't think the current power is an issue. We could probably add some extra wording for clarity or even just FAQ it.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!