View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2020, 05:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Slingshot - Breathing

I was going to suggest Cyborg for a class, which covers both Inhuman and Mutate versions - she does have robot arms after all. Do we have any evidence she's an Inhuman in the comics? I didn't think she's shown up since the original Secret Warriors series, and a brief Google says she showed up in a bit part in the latest one and was killed off ASAP. Not sure when they retconned it if they did.

Wording needs some tweaks to get everything working right, but I like the mechanics. Here's a once-over.

SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
Before moving normally with Slingshot, you may add 5 to her Move number. If you do, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. At the this turn, f Slingshot moved at least 5 spaces, you must immediately place Slingshot on the space she occupied at the start of the turn.

SLINGSHOT EXTRACTION
Before placing Slingshot on a space with Snapback Superspeed, you may choose an engaged small or medium figure adjacent to Slingshot. After placing Slingshot, you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Slingshot Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

BIONIC PUNCH ATTACK
Instead of taking a turn with Slingshot, you may choose an adjacent figure. Move Slingshot up to 6 spaces in a straight line from the chosen figure, count the minimum number of spaces between Slingshot and that figure, then place Slingshot on the space she occupied before moving. Roll the 20-sided die, adding X to the roll, where X is the number of spaces counted. If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives two wounds.

-----

The only thing I'm not sure on is whether we want the snapback stuff to be for ANY movement, or just her normal, in-turn movement. I wrote it for normal, in-turn movement, because that's a lot simpler, but we could probably cobble something together for an "anytime, anywhere" version?