View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:03 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of M-43 Resistance Fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I have 3 squads, I want 1-2 more. I'd say 3-4 squads is a good sweet spot for these guys.
Yeah. You typically want at least 4 squads. They're not very strong and don't do that much damage in small numbers. Their strength lies in being able to maintain steady fire by bringing up reinforcements to replace the fallen and also being able to swarm and lock down their targets without the firing units get engaged. To do that for any noticeable amount of time you need a lot of them.
I would have to disagree. While they do perform better with large numbers in open combat, 2 squads work quite well with enough Order Markers. Popping one squad out of cover and another back in between Order Markers is a great way to harass your opponent, especially with a screen. And if you can afford the extra markers, the Mind Flayer Mastermind and Dund are great on Order Marker 1 if you need to pin down range for these guys. This strategy worked fantastically with M-43/Warriors of Ashra against Zettian Infantry/DW9K/Warden 816, as the Zettian Infantry had to constantly reposition to put the threat down.
I've never tried what you're saying, but it seems like it would work. Now I want to try:

30 Kira Jax
180 Q10
375 M-43 x3
495 Deathreavers x3

EDIT: Although, generally speaking, I would still want more than 2 squads of M-43, even with a good screen.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; February 14th, 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: P.S. Oh yeah, the thing I was going to say...