View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2020, 04:06 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Burnout - Alternate Format

Played Burnout with the wife today as well!

I ran:
Stingers x3
Krug

Zombies x3
Raelin 2.0

Izumi
Tagawa Samurai
Kozuke
Isamu

She ran:
Gorillanators x2
Nakita

Kurrok
Fire Elemental x5

Fen Hydra x2
Black Wyrmling x2

The Stingers were rolling hot with those ARV dice and defeated all 3 of her armies with 2 Stingers and a 5 wound Krug remaining (I rolled for Stinger Drain once over 25+ activations and it failed). We were having so much fun that we decided she'd take over my third army (samurai) and I played out what was left of my first and second. The Samurai's Counter Strike and clever map positioning by her made for impossible decisions for my zombies and the Samurai prevailed in the bonus round.
All in all it was a fun time. We played on Bushy Ruin. I'm no tournament alumni, so I can't speak to how it plays in that respect, but as a backyard, quick setup format we really liked it. It seemed to us we could just add more armies for a longer game if we chose. It also seemed like an easy way to preset armies for more novice players and not overwhelm them with several cards to keep track of.
Thanks for the fun time Sir H!