View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jesse Quick - Design Phase

So this one we discussed over in Liberty Belle’s thread, where we worked out the above write-up. However, since we last discussed her, I’ve come up with a few of changes I’d like to make:
1) Instead of having Liberty Belle get placed on Jesse Quick and boosting her up, I want to switch it so Jesse Quick’s figure goes on Liberty Belle’s card. Mechanically it’s not much different, but it’s a lot more thematic (she stayed with the name Liberty Belle even after she had both power sets).
2) I want to give her a Speed Dodge-lite effect (the movement after defending but not the blank=auto-defend). I think it’d make her slightly more interesting and more in-line with the other speedsters, but it will also make the combined version better (which I worry won’t be worth the combined cost right now).
3) I want to split 3x2(9yZ)4A into two powers (the generic Superspeed power and 3x2(9yZ)4A). The main reason is to keep the one power from getting too crowded, but also to keep her consistent with the other DC speedsters (which also gives us the ability to catch them all for synergy by just naming Superspeed and Speed Force, which is my plan for Jay).

Put together, we’d get something like:

Quote:
METAGENES
You may draft one other Jesse Chambers figure that is a Protégé. Place Jesse Quick on the other Jesse Chambers’ card. While Jesse Quick’s figure is on the other Jesse Chamber’s card, that Jesse Chambers adds 5 to her Move number and may use any special powers on this card in addition to her own. If any of Jesse Quick’s special powers refer to Jesse Quick or Jesse Quick’s card, they refer to the other Jesse Chambers or the other Jesse Chambers’ card instead.

SUPERSPEED
Jesse Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Jesse Quick, if Jesse Quick did not attack more than one time this turn, Jesse Quick may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

3x2(9yZ)4A
Jesse Quick may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. After rolling defense dice with Jesse Quick, you may immediately move her up to 4 spaces.
Thoughts?

ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!