View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2019, 12:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Theme, Lore, and Thormun's Journal

Hmm. I'm hesitant to add in a mysterious figure such as the Gamesman. To do so in a Master Set implies that he is very important to the story--much like the Marro invasion or emergence of the Underdark earlier--and we realistically have no way of delivering a major pay-off or fleshing him out as a character outside of some scenario text. If we put too much emphasis on him in just this set and he appears nowhere else in the lore, then we run the risk of our story feeling too much like an inconsequential addendum.

My interpretation of the "Arena" was more broad, being just that multiple forces met at this location with conflicting interests that we can more easily tie into the greater story and still resolve. We can expand the lore of the Sea of Sand and tell an interesting story, but I'd like to avoid doing anything that feels like a major change in direction from where the official story was headed, while also avoiding feeling like the story doesn't matter to HeroScape at all.

Perhaps we could reference Vydar's betrayal after Wave D3 and say that now the alliance is on the verge of crumbling, giving a heightened sense of stakes for which side can find the new resources in the Sea of Sand first.