View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Are you offering to do these, SuperSamyon? I'm sure lots of people would appreciate that.
It's probably too early to do anything at the moment since @Dad_Scaper is just asking for ideas. I do believe that in order for an initiative like this to work though, it would need to be administered by a full member of the C3V since a lot the setup and marketing will be beholden to their release schedule. It will also give more legitimacy to the project since 3rd party vendors are often looked down upon. That's why I didn't suggest AllThingsHeroscape because even though I like their service, many people just do not like their business model or the fact that someone else is making money off of our small community.

In my opinion, option 1 and 3 could only be accomplished by someone who was willing to make a small but nonetheless sizeable investment. Some people expressed interest in doing that so hopefully those ideas that I presented can be one of many that others share to help them get started.

@capsocrates great point. It really is challenging to find the right balance in regards to pricing.

BTW- I want to be clear that I'm not saying setting up a store front is a must do, just offering some thoughts since DS got me thinking last night. In fact, I'll add that because of that it got my mind racing before I fell asleep which is never a good thing lol!
You are close to a bullseye, Sam.

I agree that it needs to be someone with access. There are problems with that, though.

In order to operate effectively, this imaginary resource should be producing rebased minis with cards. That means a combination of (1) purchasing and (2) preparing the minis, as well as (3) printing the cards on suitable paper.

It's just too much to ask any of us volunteers - or any of you volunteers - to take on that level of investment of both time and money. A person with insider *access* would have to be the one, for the reasons you say, but it is not necessary that the person be an *actual insider*. A person, maybe a merchant, with insider access could do it. That person would make a little bit of money (not much, we would hope), in exchange for the time and inconvenience of purchasing, storing and preparing the minis for sale.

I've talked to a couple of potential merchants, but so far nothing has worked out. It does come with some risk and investment on that person's part, to get it started, so I understand the hesitation.

I want to quibble with Cap's comment that the fact that we don't make money is (oversimplifying to make a point here) our only protection. There is some truth to that, but it is neither our only protection nor our best one. We believe we are operating in a safe space, and an industry insider I've spoken with has assured me that that is the case. And the fact that we make no money is the least of the reasons why.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =