Thread: Groot
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2024, 06:26 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Groot (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Groooooot

Army Test 1
Map: Elm Street
Units: Team 1 (1,050): Groot (250), Star-Lord (250), Drax (350), Rocket Raccoon (200)
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic Four

Pre-game thoughts: We realized post-game that we had played the Guardians 50 points too high! Still, I think the hands-on experience was valuable. I also played this game with Toy on TTS, so my notes may be kinda shoddy as I sometimes miss details while playing.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Obviously hard to gather balance data with a 50 point advantage, but I think the Guardians (me) also rushed Drax out too early which hurt them in the long run. Kinda shocked I never used Ragtag Protector - there may have been 1 opportunity to use it that I just missed, right about when Drax died, but otherwise Groot was such a high priority target that it didn’t feel important.

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Groot (250), Star-Lord (250), Gamora (300), Rocket Raccoon (200)
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic Four

Pre-game thoughts: We set Groot’s move at 6 in this second game. I also played this game with Toy on TTS, so my notes may be kinda shoddy as I sometimes miss details while playing.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Groot generally felt effective here, maybe a bit too powerful?

Army Test 3
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (1,100): Groot (250), Rocket Raccoon (170), Moondragon (230), Martinex (200), Charlie-27 (250)
Team 2 (1,100): Superior Spider-Man (260), Peter Parker Spider-Man (250), Spider-Woman (170), Takuya Yamashiro Spider-Man (120), Leopardon (270), Spider-Bots (30)

Pre-game thoughts: Groot and Otto are Moondragon’s Pawns. Groot has +1 Attack and Otto has -1 Defense.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: I feel like the Spiders ended up being a bad matchup for this Guardians build, since the GotG were really leaning on the BFGs for firepower…and the Spiders were able to avoid bunching up and stayed up in Rocket/Charlie’s faces. Groot feels like less of a natural fit for this Rocket, but he’s still not bad. Being able to cheat height advantage on an enemy with BFG is nice and gives some strategic depth.
Here's the changes Toy and I made during the 2nd game;
Quote:
MOVE = 6

ENTANGLING ROOTS
Once per round, when a Small or Medium enemy in clear sight moves onto or over a space within 5 spaces of Groot, you may stop that figure's movement. It cannot use Flying until the end of your next turn.
I'm pretty happy to move ahead with those at 250, but if somebody wants to see another game to make up for my error in the first, I can do that!