View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2020, 09:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Solid Snake (Initial Infiltration)

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Solid Snake

Army Test 1
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map
Units: Team 1 (850): Solid Snake (175), Captain America (240), Captain America (Bradley) (200), Sgt. Rock (175), Bucky (60)
Team 2 (850): The Chief (165), Negative Man (40), Negative Spirit (135), Robotman (175), Elasti-Girl (235), Ragdoll (100)

Pre-game thoughts: Basic Soldier stuff. I’m probably going to try to pick opposing armies that have some sort of assassinatable lynchpin, just to see how Snake feels in that role.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: For some reason, EVERYONE was rolling well on attack. I’m pretty sure about 80% of attack rolls were above average.

Big game for Snake here, as he got to take out both Chief and Negative Man, putting a big dent in the Doom Patrol’s offensive.

Army Test 2
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (700): Solid Snake (180), Winter Soldier II (240), Detective Chimp (140), Question (140)
Team 2 (700): TMNT

Pre-game thoughts: The Bucky/Snake combo is probably the thing that’s currently exciting me the most about him having Soldier synergy, so I figured I’d try that out. With the TMNT being all melee, Snake is probably safer to use FAMAS than usual.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Bucky going down immediately was a huge blow to T1, and I think it’s what caused their loss.

Army Test 3
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map
Units: Team 1 (1,010): Solid Snake (180), Red Skull II (240), Scientist Supreme (Monica) (160), Spider-Boy (230), Arnim Zola (200)
Team 2 (1,010): Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Blue Beetle (270), Wonder Girl (Donna) (140)

Pre-game thoughts: Definitely aiming for Snake to take down Nightwing here, but we’ll see what happens.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: A pretty close one, with Red Skull making the FAMAS SA a tantalizing opportunity.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He feels pretty good at 180, and I feel like all 3 attack options got their due in a way that felt accurate to the source material.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He feels unique as a “sneaky” character in our game, lacking the LEA avoidance that most of that type of designs usually have. But that feels cool and kinda unique for Snake - he’s not a ninja or an acrobat, he’s a soldier who’s good at making tactical decisions that keep him hidden. Really happy the design carries that over.
I'm digging him.