View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2020, 10:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bomb Queen ~ Public Testing

Freshfood's tests!

Real happy yet. Two losses, but bad rolls in the first game. I think a thing to consider is when you get full value out of her abilities, she basically costs 245 since you're bringing at least one squad of Civilians. 200 feels good to me yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Bomb Queen
Army Test
Map : Country Road (No Glyphs)
Units : RED TEAM - Bomb Queen (200), Lizard (200), Robot (210), Civilians x2 (90)
= 700

VS.

BLUE TEAM - Donatello (150), Leonardo (210), Raphael (170), Michelangelo (170)
= 700

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Country Road (No Glyphs)
Units : RED TEAM - Bomb Queen (200), Anarky (110), Ms. Marvel (350), Civilians x4 (180)
= 840

VS.

BLUE TEAM - Solovar (260), Super-Ape Mikhlo (200), Gorilla City Warriors x3 (375)
= 835

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on the Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, and Draftability : I was initially feeling a little iffy on her costing 200, but I'm with it after testing her. She put in a fitting amount of work for a figure of that cost, and being a nice round price will help her draftability. She feels balanced because of how heavily setup based she is. To get her full potential, you want enemies grouped up, and spend a turn Rocket Jumping and killing one of your own figures in the process. If you do this stuff though, she is absolutely terrifying. She feels like shes mostly gonna need armies centered around her, to fully utilize her. However, she can go without Demoralizing Sadism and still be a solid special attacker.

General Thoughts on the Tested Unit : Bomb Queen is really neat. Game 1 was a bit of a wash since her whole team had such bad rolls, but I think game 2 was indicative of how she'll play. I think the idea of the character comes across very well with Rocket Jump and Demoralizing Sadism, while Energy Bombs is just a good special attack with great offensive potential. While she is a little setup heavy and doesn't have any real synergy, her kit has such a cool and effective synergy between the 3 powers that I've got no problem with her costing 200.