View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Shriek (Public Testing)

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shriek

Army Test
Map: Country Road (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (800): Shriek (150), Carnage (280), Deadpool (285), Chucky (85)
Team 2 (800): Runaways

Spoiler Alert!

This game was bizarrely brutal, with big attack rolls being met with skimpy defense rolls. In the first round alone, 16 wounds were dealt, and Carnage fell in a single turn to 2 attacks by Old Lace. Deadpool was about the only one rolling solidly on defense, and I think that’s what gave Team Carnage such a victory here.
Shriek spent most of her time just hiding behind Deadpool as he kept enemy fire off of her. The defense reduction was certainly useful as a passive effect in that situation, and “KHO?” gave Team Carnage a little bit of an edge in taking the bridge before the mass Runaway movement did. In fact, I think she didn’t move from that position for the rest of the game. I didn’t take any turns with Carnage Family.

Army Test
Map: Country Road (No glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,200): Shriek (150), Prof X (220), Sabretooth (290), Deadpool (285), Weapon X (230), Agent Bob (25)
Team 2 (1,200): Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Blue Beetle (270), Arsenal (190, Wonder Girl (Donna) (140)

Spoiler Alert!

This was one of those games where the first half of T1 kind of fell like chumps, but the second half of the team really picked up the slack. Weapon X went absolutely HAM at the end, slicing and dicing while avoiding too many low Savage State rolls.

Shriek was a little bit of a liability here. Wonder Girl was able to lasso her to low ground and use her aura to subtract some defense from Sabretooth a few times, leading to him falling easier. Still, Shriek got some solid hits in herself and subtracting defense from Nightwing was especially useful.

I didn’t use Carnage Family this game either, but I didn’t miss it; Xavier provided enough turn efficiency already. I think this kind of Insane/Savage-focused Mutant army is a viable alt build for her.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 2 wins here, but I’m not sure the second win was really on Shriek’s shoulders.
“Kill Here Often?” is a small but useful power, and it helps her set up in the optimal position just a tad bit faster.
I never used Carnage Family in either game, but I don’t think that’s really a bad thing. It offers some minor turn flex, but with big boys like Carnage and Deadpool around, it was kind of hard to justify sacrificing a turn with them just to take a turn with Shriek. Still, I can see situations where it could be useful, especially when she needs repositioning.
Bad Vibrations obviously got a lot of use.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: She’s fun! Feels like a great “secondary” faction piece, kind of like the bizarro version of Invisible Woman.
Here you go. Two slightly odd games, but a ton of fun none the less.