View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:30 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Masahiro Arashi - Public Playtesting Phase

Here's some games with Masahiro. Overall, things are looking good for him; he and his team had a couple strong showings a bad one.

One thing I realized in the last game: as currently written, Masahiro doesn't receive the boost from Ruthless Command, but can be sacrificed if they fail to kill the target. I assume the intent was that he doesn't get affected by it at all, and that's how I played the third game (otherwise he would have had to kill himself as the rest of his team was dead at the end of the round)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Masahiro Arashi

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Masahiro, Boomerang, Merlyn, Talia al Ghul (560 points) VS Luke Cage, Iron Man (Mark IV), Firestar (560 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Masahiro, Lady Shiva, Black Canary, Ubu, Hand Ninja x2 (795 points) VS Batman (Terry), Daredevil, Oracle, Nite Owl, Robin (Damian), Batgirl (Cassandra) (790 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Masahiro, Boomerang, Azrael, Ubu, Hand Ninja x4 (900 points) VS Mystique (II), Destiny, Magneto (II), Archangel (890 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Masahiro adds some fun strategies and synergies to the game. The boosts he offers are nice, but very well balanced. He plays best as back-up to a Hand Ninja army, using Ruthless Command throughout the game and then his bonding power after the Ninja go down if needed. When building armies I realized that Lady Shiva's Assassin Training opened up Masahiro's synergy web to the Vigilante heroes, which offers him some great choices. His best builds are probably with Shiva and a Vigilante, though I'm pretty confident he's still balanced in those builds. 160 seems to be a fair cost.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: The theme of a ruthless commander comes through nicely with Masahiro. Deciding if and when to use Ruthless Command, and who to use it on, makes for some fun tactical decisions that can really have an impact on the game.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!