Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Online Heroscape Match Request Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=38811)

Bengi June 12th, 2014 08:52 PM

Re: Online Heroscape Match Request Thread

ooh, sounds fun. I'm down if you set up the doc

kevindola June 12th, 2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengi (Post 1945483)
ooh, sounds fun. I'm down if you set up the doc

done and done

1wjGG9OP-TOdUrniQ7j5twLJ0PdEymYZOf8bGAQ74MJY

539a4bf218c8a1402620914.html

kevindola June 12th, 2014 11:20 PM

Finished up The Gauntlet format with Benji. It was pretty fun.

I chose for my 3 armies:
1) Black Wyrmling x6, Marcu Esenwein
2) Blade Gruts x2, Grimnak Mohicans x2, Brave Arrow, Isamu
3) Phantom Knights x2, Marro Warriors

Benji chose

1) Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein
2) Blade Gruts x2, Grimnak Mezzodemons x3
3) Stingers x3, Marcu Esenwein

Yes we both chose Grimnak and Blades and decided to both throw it out for another choice.

We started off with PK/MW vs. Stingers/Marcu. I led with Marro Warriors but was only able to take out 2 stingers. My phantoms fared much better and took out all his stingers with a whole squad intact. However Marcu plodded through the whole squad never rolling Eternal Hatred and Benji won the first skirmish with a 2 life Marcu Esenwein.

I was in a very tough spot next, because Benji and I had such good counters to each other. I went ahead and selected my wyrmling army as my second placement. I had a lot of thought that went into this, but I will keep it brief here. Benji burned Kelda (thought he would save it for Cyp) and although his Marcu got the better of mine, the Wyrmlings finished him off without any dying. I won skirmish 2 with all my wyrmlings.

Benji correctly picked Cyprien, but here started my really hot d20 rolling. Benji also had a back to back double wiff which kept me alive. I was able to win this skirmish acidding Cyprien and Sonya while still have 3 whole black wyrmlings left.

Benji placed his Mezzos as his final army, and I was only able to hit 1 acid (in 3 tries) before they finished up the black wyrmlings.

I placed my Native Americans on the board to start the 5th and final skirmish. I hit an obscene amount of concealments, but I could not get through the tough defense of the mezzos. Eventually he wore me out (and the mezzos should be heavy favorites in this matchup anyway).

Benji won The Gauntlet with 3 Mezzodemons and 1 Exoskeleton marker left. Bodies were everywhere.

Fun matchup and interesting decisions involving placements and army choices. Winning the first skirmish turned out to be huge as it allowed Benji to play the counter army game in the 3rd skirmish. (even though the wyrmlings got the better of Cyprien)

Game time was around an hour and fifteen minutes, which I didn't think was too bad. I would be interested in playing this format or some variation of it again. Thanks for the game Benji!

MegaSilver June 12th, 2014 11:46 PM

Cool.

Reminds me of Pokemon; when one get's KO'ed, you end sending out the counter to what you're facing or expect to face next.

Can't wait for the next tourney with this format. ;)

Bengi June 13th, 2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 1945505)
Finished up The Gauntlet format with Benji. It was pretty fun.

I don't know who came up with this format, but it was a ton of fun. I think 3 armies/200 points/10 figs was a very good choice too. Our game was very back and forth, but he's right, winning the first skirmish was very important and allowed me to dictate the play.

I guess one negative could be that a lopsided game could get frustrating. It's possible to win the first skirmish by a landslide and have map control going into the next round. Could be pretty match up dependent.

I wonder if a nice variant could be that you can begin putting OM's on your next army whenever you want, but as soon as you reveal one from your next army, you wipe the remaining units from the first army and place the new army. Could make for some more interesting decisions.

If you ever get a chance to try this scenario out, I would go for it. Very solid.

mtl1998 June 15th, 2014 04:06 PM

I am willing to start a game with anyone as soon as possible. Any format, map, and point values are fine with me. No customs please. I don't know how to set it up though. PM me if interested.

Tyesheron June 15th, 2014 04:44 PM

I'm willing to play a c3g game with one of my customs, Husk, for test runs.

mtl1998 June 15th, 2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtl1998 (Post 1945967)
I am willing to start a game with anyone as soon as possible. Any format, map, and point values are fine with me. No customs please. I don't know how to set it up though. PM me if interested.

No one? I'm still open for a game whenever today!

Tyesheron June 15th, 2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtl1998 (Post 1945979)
Quote:

Hey let me try out husk and you'll have a reasonable game.

mtl1998 June 15th, 2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyesheron (Post 1946017)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtl1998 (Post 1945979)
Quote:

Hey let me try out husk and you'll have a reasonable game.

Sorry Tyesheron, it's too late for me now.

Tyesheron June 15th, 2014 11:54 PM

Well my option is still up there people also I'd pm Dysole for wording, and making reasonable judgements. I'd also research their abilities, comics, reasonable life, attack, defense, move, and range.

mtl1998 June 16th, 2014 03:55 PM

Anyone want to start a game as soon as possible? Any format, map, and point values are fine with me. No customs please. I don't know how to set it up though. PM me if interested.

Edit: Just got in a game.