Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Jinx (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52782)

japes March 13th, 2016 01:57 AM

The Book of Jinx

The Book of Jinx

C3G DC WAVE 31
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Jinx_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._Jinx_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teen Titans set.
Its model number and name are #007 / Jinx.

Character Bio -
Jinx is an Indian elemental sorceress who draws her magic from the solid, natural ground. This is why she must have contact between the ground and her bare feet at all times, or else her magical abilities become weakened or lost altogether. Jinx also has precognitive abilities that allow her to sense danger moments before something happens. She has been an enemy to the Teen Titans, Superman, and the Outsiders primarily as a member of the Fearsome Five, fighting alongside Gizmo, Mammoth, Psimon and Shimmer.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

japes March 13th, 2016 01:58 AM

Re: Book of Jinx (Breathing Period

NAME = JINX

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERESS
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

FEET ON THE GROUND
If Jinx used her Flying special power this turn, she subtracts 3 from her Range number and may not cast any Spells.

JINX FIELD
When an opponent's figure attacks Jinx or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Jinx with the Fearsome personality and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Jinx Field can only be used once for each attack.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Jinx is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Jinx can take for this attack is one.

FLYING

japes March 13th, 2016 01:58 AM

Comic

Background
Spoiler Alert!

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

johnny139 March 13th, 2016 02:21 AM

I'm not 100% sure if this thread is ready for posting, but I'm going to bed, so I'm going to dump some comic art I found here anyways (I believe the one you have is fan art which we try to avoid). :D I think the first one has the most potential if you tilt it a bit.

japes March 13th, 2016 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2079442)
I'm not 100% sure if this thread is ready for posting, but I'm going to bed, so I'm going to dump some comic art I found here anyways (I believe the one you have is fan art which we try to avoid). :D I think the first one has the most potential if you tilt it a bit.

You caught me mid stream posting but I already had the space reserved. Your third comic image was my second and the one I used for Mammoth and almost used for Shimmer. Didn't pick up on the first one at first but you were right and I have removed it. Your first one is good as well if I can get the angle right.

IAmBatman March 13th, 2016 09:53 AM

No initial concerns here. :up: She's at an interesting point given where the Spell additions are at and where her faction is at. Hopefully we'll get some testers who can use her with both or either.

japes March 13th, 2016 09:59 AM

FEET ON THE GROUND
If Jinx used her Flying special power this turn she may not use the Super Strength special power, or any Spell Glyphs, and must subtract 1 from her normal attack.

Should probably add in this comment...or what ever the official term will be.

If the Spells are ready I would even consider Dropping her range. Magically she's done everything from making wind attacks (similar to Red Tornado) Earthquakes (something like Avalanche) and throwing green bolts of energy. I used a ranged attack to cover all of this for the "keep it simple approach" but spells could be used as well.

Viegon March 13th, 2016 11:13 AM

I'd keep her with normal range; just like the other magic users, she should be capable of casting generic unnamed spells when you don't draft her with spells. However, based on your description of her powers, I'd change Feet on the Ground to lower her range to 1 but leave her attack alone.

For Fearsome Sense, I think it'd feel more thematic if she gave out a defense boost when she hits her roll (thematically she's warning her teammates of the attack, allowing them to be more prepared) than it is for her to force a re-roll (which feels more like luck or reality warping to me).

Other than that, looks good. :up:

japes March 13th, 2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2079480)
I'd keep her with normal range; just like the other magic users, she should be capable of casting generic unnamed spells when you don't draft her with spells. However, based on your description of her powers, I'd change Feet on the Ground to lower her range to 1 but leave her attack alone.

For Fearsome Sense, I think it'd feel more thematic if she gave out a defense boost when she hits her roll (thematically she's warning her teammates of the attack, allowing them to be more prepared) than it is for her to force a re-roll (which feels more like luck or reality warping to me).

Other than that, looks good. :up:

Good point on the range. Also her Fearsome Sense is more of a reality warping type of thing. It's where her name comes from she sort of jinxes things...the opposite of Domino where she causes bad luck to happen to enemies. So I riffed off of...

BAD LUCK AURA
When an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Black Cat, you may subtract 2 from the roll. When an opponent's figure attacks Black Cat and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Bad Luck Aura can only be used once for each attack.

but she's essentially a Scarlet Witch of DC so technically it's closer to this which was an accident actually.

HEX-SPHERE DISTURBANCE 5
After an opponent rolls attack dice against Scarlet Witch, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Hex-Sphere Disturbance can be used only once for each attack.

So perhaps this works better...

Jinx Field I'll think of a better name (Jinx Aura, Probability Aura...)
After an opponent rolls attack dice withiin 4 clear sight spaces of Jinx, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. If the target of the attack has the Fearsome personality you may add 2 to the roll. Jinx Field can be used only once for each attack.

She usually does things like make weapons malfunction and things like that when they are being attacked.

TrollBrute March 13th, 2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2079493)
So perhaps this works better...

Jinx Field I'll think of a better name (Jinx Aura, Probability Aura...)
After an opponent rolls attack dice withiin 4 clear sight spaces of Jinx, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. If the target of the attack has the Fearsome personality you may add 2 to the roll. Jinx Field can be used only once for each attack.

She usually does things like make weapons malfunction and things like that when they are being attacked.

Your explanation makes the power make more sense. Jinx Field is a better name that gets that across more, I think. I'd prefer to keep it limited to the faction though. Easier to balance and the less re-rolling we have, the better.

japes March 13th, 2016 11:37 AM

Fair enough.

I do like this change as well.

FEET ON THE GROUND
If Jinx used her Flying special power this turn she may not use the Super Strength special power and must subtract 13 from her normal attackRange.

Keeps her from flying to height and sniping on the same turn.

johnny139 March 13th, 2016 11:40 AM

Yeah, if she's similar to Scarlet Witch in power type, it's sensible to repeat the mechanic. But she's a pretty minor character, to keeping her faction-specific (or making the roll high enough that she's not really draftable outside of the faction but still has some applications) is also sensible.

She's a pretty simple support piece, but those are always needed. A faction without a defensive aura, well, that just ain't a faction at all! :D