Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bolas (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52596)

Gutudak January 13th, 2016 08:15 PM

The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bolas

Glyph Bio - "There will always be enemies that are bigger, stronger, and faster - through the power of entanglement, a pair of bolas will make even the biggest, strongest, and fastest enemies fumble at their feet."

-Type of Glyph-
  • Equipment Glyph: See the rules for Equipment Glyphs HERE.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Gutudak January 13th, 2016 08:16 PM

Re: The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bolas

GLYPH OF UTILITY: BOLAS
(Movement Prevention, Defense -1)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

When this glyph comes into play, place 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking with this figure, you may choose a small, medium, or large figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure that does not have a Bolas Marker on its card. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, place a Bolas Marker from this card on the chosen figure's card. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is not a Unique Hero, remove a Bolas Marker from this card and inflict a wound on the chosen figure. A figure with one of this glyph's Bolas Markers on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When an affected figure receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, remove the Bolas Marker on its card from the game. Instead of taking a turn with an affected figure, the player controlling that figure may remove that Bolas Marker from the game.

Gutudak January 13th, 2016 08:18 PM

If changes are going to made I liked IAmBatman's post for revising it to a 3 marker use item. I am open to any suggestions and comments you have :)

Arkham January 13th, 2016 08:24 PM

I'm digging the changes Bats suggested as well. So something like this:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that black Bola Marker from the game.

japes January 14th, 2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkham (Post 2067032)
I'm digging the changes Bats suggested as well. So something like this:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that black Bola Marker from the game.

:thumbsup:

Viegon January 14th, 2016 02:30 PM

Remember to PM all the Heroes when you start up a new thread, I didn't see this one until just now.

Quote:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

I like this version, though I would kind of like to see the markers also go away at the end of the round, just to keep it from getting too out of hand. It should also probably have a size restriction, it would be a little silly for the bolas to lock down Starro or whatever.

Ronin January 14th, 2016 04:46 PM

The Bolas should probably mention Commons/Squads like Kraven's Bolas do. It should either not affect them or just destroy them, because being able to lock down movement for all of an opponent's Commons by hitting one of them with the Bolas is wonky.

Tornado January 14th, 2016 06:08 PM

For comparison:

BOLAS 12
Start the game with a brown Bolas Marker on this card. After moving and before attacking, if your Bolas Marker is on this card, you may choose a small, medium, or large figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. Affected figures that are not Unique Heroes receive a wound. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 2 fewer defense dice. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, place your Bolas Marker back on this card.

MANTRAP

Start the game with two gray Mantrap Markers. Before an opponent's small or medium Unique Hero that does not have the Super Strength special power within 2 clear sight spaces of Judge Fear begins to take a turn, you may place a Mantrap Marker on that figure's card. That figure is Trapped. A Trapped figure cannot move or target a non-adjacent figure for an attack, even if Judge Fear is destroyed. At the end of each round, a player may place a Wound Marker on any Trapped figure’s card that player controls. If a Trapped figure receives one or more wounds, remove all Mantrap Markers on its card from the game.

In hindsight I wish I would have worked in auto wounding non-Unique Heroes into Mantrap. That would have made it much more versatile. I would go for a blend of the two. Uniqueness, Size and perhaps SS need to be accounted for here.

IAmBatman January 14th, 2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2067113)
Remember to PM all the Heroes when you start up a new thread, I didn't see this one until just now.

Quote:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

I like this version, though I would kind of like to see the markers also go away at the end of the round, just to keep it from getting too out of hand. It should also probably have a size restriction, it would be a little silly for the bolas to lock down Starro or whatever.

I'd go small or medium for sure. I'm fine with either one wound or the end of the round. I don't think it'd be too overpowered if you just have to wait on the one wound, but I could be wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2067131)
The Bolas should probably mention Commons/Squads like Kraven's Bolas do. It should either not affect them or just destroy them, because being able to lock down movement for all of an opponent's Commons by hitting one of them with the Bolas is wonky.

I'd like to see it just destroy a squad figure. Good call.

japes January 14th, 2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2067213)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2067113)

Quote:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

I'd go small or medium for sure. I'm fine with either one wound or the end of the round. I don't think it'd be too overpowered if you just have to wait on the one wound, but I could be wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2067131)

I'd like to see it just destroy a squad figure. Good call.

agree with both.

Gutudak January 15th, 2016 08:08 AM

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. If the chosen figure is a squad, destroy that figure and remove that Bolas marker from the game. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that Bolas marker from the game.

Here's a revision on all the input. I agree with the line of thinking that if it's just waiting for 1 wound removing at the end of a round wouldn't be necessary. That's just me though we'll see how things work in testing.

Viegon January 15th, 2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutudak (Post 2067279)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. If the chosen figure is a squad, destroy that figure and remove that Bolas marker from the game. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that Bolas marker from the game.

Here's a revision on all the input. I agree with the line of thinking that if it's just waiting for 1 wound removing at the end of a round wouldn't be necessary. That's just me though we'll see how things work in testing.

Works for me. :up: