Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   AotV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   [Pod 2] Katryn Vade (Nahiri, Fury in Stone) - Design (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57226)

caps May 19th, 2020 09:28 AM

Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone

I don't see the theme fit on that one.

What about Tough?

flameslayer93 May 19th, 2020 10:26 AM

Tough would be fine, I'd just push for her to have low low defense. She doesn't look anything like a defender unit.

Zetsubo May 19th, 2020 02:19 PM

:up: to Icarian dragon warrior

Instead of making her size huge, what about preventing other units from moving her? Mechanically it would accomplish the same goal as changing her size to huge. The two units that care about size in this set also move their targets.

Quote:

DRAGONHEART COURAGE
Opponents figures may not move Nahiri using any special ability.

caps May 19th, 2020 03:44 PM

There's a power that does that in C3V you could borrow wording from; it is called STEADFAST and it is on the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep.

Captain Stupendous May 19th, 2020 10:00 PM

I personally don't see the thematic justification for giving her Tough, but I could probably be persuaded.

Reusing a version of Steadfast seems even more niche outside the set than the size change, especially without a strong thematic connection.

Here's another option to consider that might better fit the theme of a dragon ally?

Quote:

LOYAL PROTECTOR
Add +1 to the Attack and Defense values of this card [or some other bonus?] if Katryn is adjacent to a friendly wounded unique hero.

Pumpkin_King May 20th, 2020 03:36 PM

I do like that.

Captain Stupendous May 20th, 2020 07:10 PM

My one concern with simply giving her a conditional Attack or Defense boost would be keeping in mind the overall number of units in the set that have ways to modify their Attack or Defense. Including Nahiri we're looking at 4 out of 12 figures so far whose Attack or Defense stats can fluctuate (Tetsuo, Ukushisa, Nahiri, and Rhox), and if Sorin does end up having an attack-boosting cheerleader ability that would mean that almost half of all the units designed so far have some way to modify an Attack or Defense stat, which seems like a lot. Doesn't mean I'd necessarily be against something like Loyal Protector here, but just thought it was worth keeping in mind.

Owlman May 21st, 2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous (Post 2386641)
My one concern with simply giving her a conditional Attack or Defense boost would be keeping in mind the overall number of units in the set that have ways to modify their Attack or Defense. Including Nahiri we're looking at 4 out of 12 figures so far whose Attack or Defense stats can fluctuate (Tetsuo, Ukushisa, Nahiri, and Rhox), and if Sorin does end up having an attack-boosting cheerleader ability that would mean that almost half of all the units designed so far have some way to modify an Attack or Defense stat, which seems like a lot. Doesn't mean I'd necessarily be against something like Loyal Protector here, but just thought it was worth keeping in mind.

Yea, same here, I'm not in favor of any stat modifying abilities on her. The changing size and flame sword special are perfect IMO. (Although I don't think people realize how potent that size ability will be on her, even tho she's being designed for this set, we al know we'll be using her with other figures who have "small or medium" abilities all the time. I'm looking forward to playtesting her if we go that direction!)

flameslayer93 May 21st, 2020 03:02 PM

Just gonna have to remember that she’s considered Huge, which will be the trick to seeing if the power works well (since its a power you have to actively remember).

Captain Stupendous May 21st, 2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 2387119)
Just gonna have to remember that she’s considered Huge, which will be the trick to seeing if the power works well (since its a power you have to actively remember).

I don't think its really that much different than having to actively remember things like the Krav Maga's stealth dodge or Thorian Speed.

Confred May 23rd, 2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381952)
Initial thoughts:

https://i.postimg.cc/MZgqyn1b/Nahiri.jpg

She is fairly character-centric, like her Magic bio, and folks may wanna change that, but I'm a big fan of utilizing thos beige single space sand like tiles that come w/the set, since they are such a unique color compared to other Scape tiles. Thoughts?? :)

I think caring about those tiles would be better for a figure that looks like it would care about those tiles.

I think her main focus should be about that sword.

Confred May 23rd, 2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2381992)
Terrain changing abilities are very fun and cool, but there isn't enough terrain from the sets to put aside for her. Unfortunately I'd have to disagree with placing tiles.

She has a very prominent glowing sword that I think would be a crime not to incorporate into an ability. Other than a magic sword, I'm not sure on what theme to go with for her mini. Perhaps she could be more of a combat focused unit, or a 'Joan of Arc' like cheerleader raising her flaming sword

Ooh. Yes. I like this.