Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of The Thing (Fantastic Four) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30549)

Griffin May 28th, 2010 05:48 AM

The Book of The Thing (Fantastic Four)

The Book of The Thing (Fantastic Four)

C3G MARVEL FANTASTIC FOUR MASTER SET
FANTASTIC FORCES UNITE!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Forces set.
Its model numbers and name are #076-078 / The Thing.
Its model numbers and name are #206 / Ben Grimm.

Character Bio - Ben Grimm may look like a terrifying monster, and in fact he can be quite difficult to deal with, but underneath the rough exterior of his personality.... and his skin, he is a lovable and compassionate man who is particularly moved to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Ben is one of the best Pilots in the world, able to fly just about anything from helicopters, to airplanes, to space crafts. Ben was changed with Reed Richards, Sue Richards and Johnny Storm, the Fantastic 4, when the cosmic radiation shielding on a space shuttle failed, and he was changed to a rock like monster with near impenetrable skin and super human strength.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • The Thing may choose another Adventurer or Scientist for his Clobberin' Time special power. Current Adventurers and Scientists.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • As an Adventurer, an opponent's Impossible Man may add 8 to his roll for Shapeshifting Prankster if he chooses The Thing.
  • The Thing cannot use his Rock Wall Defense 4 special power when attacked with a Special Attack. Current Special Attacks.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin May 28th, 2010 07:47 AM

Re: Thing - Brainstorming Phase

NAME = THE THING
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN GRIMM

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = GRUFF

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 325

CLOBBERIN' TIME

Before attacking with the Thing, you may choose one other Adventurer or Scientist Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of The Thing. Add 1 die to The Thing's attack for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. If The Thing adds 4 or more dice to his normal attack with Clobberin' Time, he may attack one additional time.

ROCK WALL DEFENSE 4
If an adjacent figure attacks The Thing with a normal attack, and The Thing rolls at least 4 shields, The Thing takes no damage, and the attacking figure receives one wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

• Adventurer
  • Attack of 6
  • Defense of 8
  • Life of 6
  • Clobberin Time 4 - Add 1 to Thing's attack for each wound on all adventurer heroes you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Thing, up to a maximum of 4.
  • Rock Wall Defense 4 - If an adjacent figure attacks Thing with a normal attack, and Thing rolls at least 4 shields, Thing takes no damage, and the attacking figure receives one wound

Hahma May 28th, 2010 07:08 PM

I'd could see a One Shield Defense type deal for Thing, though vs. normal attacks only. That with maybe a defense of 6. Thing is nowhere close to being as durable as Thor. Thing is still susceptible to colds, diseases and mental stress (Official Handbook of Marvel Universe) and hid durability vs. extreme cold and heat is relatively low compared to others in his category, so I'd say that he could/should be susceptible to special attacks as many of them can involve heat, cold, disease, psionic and other such attacks. I think his defense is at it's best vs. blunt blows from HH's like Hulk and bullets from normal attacks from squads.

I like the Clobberin' Time 4 that Griff put up, but maybe have some limitation or something. I see the theme part of having the 4 in there, but I don't think that Thing should have an attack of 10 for a good portion of the game. That's only 1 less than Hulk and a fully enraged Hulk is way more powerful than a Thing. Even She-Hulk is more powerful when enraged, as she's stronger than Thing before she gets enraged. She's a trained fighter too so, she has quite good fighting skills to match Things. Also I've got a comic where they are duking it out because she's trying to get him out of a funk, she barely worked up a sweat and wasn't even enraged and it was an even battle. So I'd prefer to see either a limit to the CT4 to be for the remainder of the round and he gets to attack one additional time or not have it max out at 10 for a good portion of a game .

IAmBatman June 28th, 2010 05:54 PM

First post updated! Comments on the highlighted bits are most appreciated. :-)

Griffin June 28th, 2010 06:18 PM

Re: Thing - Design Phase

I love it. :up:

IAmBatman June 28th, 2010 06:28 PM

And for those who haven't thought of it, the thing to keep in mind for Rock Wall Defense is that Thing will usually have Invisible Woman's defensive boost helping the power work more consistently.

whitestuff June 29th, 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1124908)
And for those who haven't thought of it, the thing to keep in mind for Rock Wall Defense is that Thing will usually have Invisible Woman's defensive boost helping the power work more consistently.

And then count in other defensive boosts... This might just work. :)

IAmBatman June 29th, 2010 12:48 PM

So, any preferences on his personality?

whitestuff June 29th, 2010 01:00 PM

Gruff or Protective...?

I'm not loving either.

How about Determined, Steadfast or Resolute?

IAmBatman June 29th, 2010 01:08 PM

I was hoping to encapsulate his eternal grumpiness somehow ... Grim is a good fit, I think, but it's too much like his name "Ben Grimm."
Determined is too blah. Steadfast and Resolute at least feel like he has to steel himself a bit, but I don't think they quite get across how cantankerous he can be ... which I really feel is a huge part of his personality.
But, yeah, Protective doesn't really do it for me either.
Of yours, I like Steadfast the best.

Griffin June 29th, 2010 03:02 PM

Gruff has really grown on me for Thing. I would be in favor of that.

Spidey'tilIDie June 29th, 2010 04:22 PM

What about Lovable? ;) It seems thematic too me because he always calls himself the "ever-loving blue-eyed Thing".