Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Minions of Utgar (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8693)

Airborne Elite 5 November 12th, 2014 09:50 PM

Re: The Book of Minions of Utgar

Just got these guys from a friend recently and tried them out today... they destroyed my opponents army. I love 'em!!

ozzy-scaper March 5th, 2015 08:19 AM

Whenever we play - no matter the size or style of map - someone chooses an army bristling with Minions. Their sculpts an their abilities/stats still keep them at the forefront of popular army choices - still an 'A' grade unit. I now have 5 squads of them - just because they are that much fun...

The B.I.V. March 5th, 2015 12:21 PM

Three words: Zelrig plus Mezzos.

Serenity April 6th, 2015 06:58 PM

Minions Of Utgar
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Dragon_Yutha August 15th, 2015 07:15 AM

Last nights battle was great. I was fighting with the minions and some others. After a bad start on the first round lossing 1/4 of my army to glyph of minosoul. And rolling 1 for the A wolves.

My ememy used grimnak and charos. After a few rounds the wonder started.
My minions on height 1 engaged with grimnak 2 engaged with charos.
I rolled 3 dice and... 3 skulls (6) grimnak rolled 1 shield dead.
Then charos again rolling 3 dice and 3 skulls (6) rolling 3 shield. 3 wounds
last attack with 3the minion rolling 3 and. Yes again 3 skulls (6) charos rolls 2 shields 4 wounds extra
turn after it again 3 skulls and again charos rolled 2 shields. Dead charos.
Game ends with 300/1000 vs 0/1000

NecroBlade August 15th, 2015 09:10 PM

Rule #1 of fighting Minions: DON'T LET THEM GET HEIGHT.

SlipperySlope August 15th, 2015 09:43 PM

That's good advice, but can be hard to carry out in practice. I ran a minion + Atlaga army at GenCon and it administered a severe beat-down on a Heavy Grut + Grimnak army run by a very good player (he's won some events there). He knew not to let the minions get height, but it happened anyway. With 5 move, they motor around even a large board very quickly.

The minions' biggest weakness is that they're not large, so Braxas and Stompy can tear them up with some decent luck on the d20. Since it's a high-cost, 3-figure army, killing just 4 or 5 puts a major dent in most armies. Again, though, if they get to those Queen pieces, the rest of the armies (Greenies and Grubs, probably) will fall apart.

Since they're melee, rats would ruin their day, and they couldn't afford any disengages, either, since they're such a high-cost squad unit. Then again, rats ruin most armies' day.

Foudzing December 6th, 2022 08:04 AM

Hello guys, don't know if the question has already been asked but I can't findt he answer anywhere. If the minions are all destroyed, can you play a turn with Runa/Taelord or not?

If you can explain the reasoning behind the answer that's a plus.

nyys December 6th, 2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foudzing (Post 2549972)
Hello guys, don't know if the question has already been asked but I can't findt he answer anywhere. If the minions are all destroyed, can you play a turn with Runa/Taelord or not?

If you can explain the reasoning behind the answer that's a plus.

As far as I my understanding goes, you cannot. Since there would be no Minions on the board, there aren't any to 'instead' with them. Need to have to ability to take a turn with them, before deciding not to.