Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Supergirl (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30777)

A3n June 13th, 2010 01:00 AM

The Book of Supergirl

The Book of Supergirl

C3G DC WAVE 7
THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set.
Its number and name are #055-057 / Supergirl.

Character Bio - Kara Zor-El was the last survivor of Argo City of the planet Krypton, which had survived the explosion of the planet and had drifted through space. When the inhabitants of the colony are slain by Kryptonite, Kara is sent to Earth by her father Zor-El to be raised by her cousin Kal-El, known as Superman. Fearing that she might not be recognized by Superman, Kara's parents provide a costume based on the Man of Steel's own.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

A3n June 13th, 2010 01:01 AM

Re: Supergirl - Design Phase

NAME = SUPERGIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = KARA ZOR-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REFUGEE
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 320

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as additional shields.

SUPERSONIC FLYING
When using the Flying special power, Supergirl may add 4 to her Move number. If she does, she cannot attack this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

A3n June 13th, 2010 01:03 AM

It was a real toss-up to begin with to decide between super breath or heat vision. I went with heat vision mainly because a lot of people seemed to have wanted it on Superman, but also because every thing I thought of for super breath was too complicated & I also really wanted her as simple as Superman.

Cheers

Griffin June 13th, 2010 03:38 AM

This is a great start A3n! The defense power is perfect. :up: I also like where you are taking the Heat Vision.

whitestuff June 13th, 2010 08:08 AM

Comic art?
A
B
C
D
E
F (my personal favourite as I'm an Adam Hughs fan)

IAmBatman June 13th, 2010 09:19 AM

I like "D" the best. "F" is a bit too "pin up girl" and everything else has a signature or something else in the art. Pretty much all great looking pictures, though, but I think "D" is the best of a good bunch.
Not much to say on this write up, as I'm liking it. I feel that the wording on Heat Vision could probably be condensed a bit or made a bit more official sounding, but I'm at a loss for actual suggestions at the moment, for which I apologize.

GreyOwl June 13th, 2010 10:13 AM

I like C and D the best (signatures can be easily removed, I've had to do it many times for past C3G cards). I like the powers, too.

Griffin June 13th, 2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1109349)
I like C and D the best (signatures can be easily removed, I've had to do it many times for past C3G cards). I like the powers, too.

I agree, and in that order.

Heat Vision is a power that will be revisited for other K people, and whatever mechanic we create for it now, will either be the standard or at least a template. I think that we need to be very very picky about that power and its application. One thing that I do not like about it right now is its complexity, I would like for it to be a short and simple power if possible.... I am thinking of a D20 roll like Acid Breath in that it inflicts a wound, but if we make it a before attacking power, that would give the K people the incentive to take advantage of the two "attacks" and get into the fight, avoiding the theme break of perching. Also, a limited range will also help with this.

I am not sure how I feel about Hyperspeed for Supergirl... it is thematic though because she is the fastest of the K people. OK, I like it. :D

GreyOwl June 13th, 2010 11:50 AM

I think we should just use Hyperspeed instead of renaming it, though. And I don't think it should have a requirement that she not be engaged. If the player wants to take a leaving engagement attack, let them.

Griffin June 13th, 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1109416)
I think we should just use Hyperspeed instead of renaming it, though. And I don't think it should have a requirement that she not be engaged. If the player wants to take a leaving engagement attack, let them.

:word:

NecroBlade June 13th, 2010 12:09 PM

Agreed.

Image D.

And Heat Vision is an interesting twist, but I don't like that it only has a 50% chance of doing ANYTHING in the first place. Maybe keep the same idea, but change it up a little bit:

Range 4. Attack 2+Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice. Then for each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling additional attack dice until no additional skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense dice normally.

A3n June 13th, 2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 1109437)
Agreed.

Image D.

And Heat Vision is an interesting twist, but I don't like that it only has a 50% chance of doing ANYTHING in the first place. Maybe keep the same idea, but change it up a little bit:

Range 4. Attack 2+Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice. Then for each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling additional attack dice until no additional skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense dice normally.

I like image D also & Necro's version of Heat Vision.

Cheers