Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48193)

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 07:58 PM

The Book of Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)

The Book of Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 19
PATRIOT GAMES

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Eric_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...-Eric_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Chaos War set.
Its model number and name are #026 / Ant-Man.

Character Bio - Eric O'Grady was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. alongside his friend, Chris McCarthy. When McCarthy - chosen to wear the new prototype G.I.Ant-Man suit - was killed in an attack by HYDRA, O'Grady took the suit off of his friend's dead body. Then he made out with his friend's girlfriend, Veronica King, on his grave. Then he got her pregnant. Then he abandoned her.

Donning the suit himself, O'Grady promptly used its abilities of radio insect control, flight, and size-altering to rob jewelry stores, spy on Ms. Marvel in the shower, and get a job with Damage Control under the name "Slaying Mantis." He romanced fellow team-member Abigail. Then he learned she was a single mother. Then he left her, too.

Since then, O'Grady has variously been a member of the Fifty-State Initiative at Camp Hammond, the Thunderbolts under Norman Osborn, and the Secret Avengers alongside Steve Rogers, who believed, despite all odds, he could be redeemed.

Then he died.

He's sort of a scumbag.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Ant-Man may activate an Insect Hero with his Amateur Insect Control special power. Current Insects.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updated:
11 June 2020 - Restricted Amateur Radio Insect Control to Common Insect Heroes
17 June 2020 - Removed Order Marker restriction from Amateur Insect Control

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 07:59 PM

Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)

NAME = ANT-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC O'GRADY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = SELF-CENTERED

SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 2

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 60

INSECT CONTROL 1
Before taking a turn with Ant-Man, you may first take a turn with a Common Insect Hero you control.

VANISH 6
If Ant-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to vanish. If you roll 1–5, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 6 or higher, Ant-Man takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. Ant-Man can vanish only if he ends his vanishing move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

TINY STEALTH
Ant-Man is never in clear sight of non-adjacent enemy figures and he only takes leaving engagement attacks from tiny figures.

FLYING

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 07:59 PM

Comic Art:

Background:

Scapemage April 10th, 2013 08:23 PM

Very simple and reused! I love it!

A3n April 10th, 2013 08:27 PM

Looks good, not feeling the Irredeemable as a personality though. Otherwise :up:.

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 08:29 PM

He's sort of a jerk, so I'd like something simple and stark like that... would "JERK" work? :p

IAmBatman April 10th, 2013 09:22 PM

I like Irredeemable, but I'm a sucker for a reference. :-P Arrogant would probably work, right?

I like the design - but I'm slightly iffy on 3 defense over 2, mostly just considering that he has two defensive powers on his card.

Lord Pyre April 10th, 2013 09:39 PM

Hardly know what he can do in comics, but I like the powers! I think 2 defense is the way to go, as well.

Can I throw my vote in for the comic art to be him spying on Ms. Marvel in the shower? ;) I love that scene. :lol:

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1797245)
I like Irredeemable, but I'm a sucker for a reference. :-P Arrogant would probably work, right?

Arrogant is too... light. Something like "Selfish" could work - I mean, read the bio up there, this guy's a serious scumbag. :p

Quote:

I like the design - but I'm slightly iffy on 3 defense over 2, mostly just considering that he has two defensive powers on his card.
I could roll that - I doubt it'll make too much of a difference considering he's only got 1 Life.

Lord Pyre April 10th, 2013 10:56 PM

Gotta say, I love that bio.

Hahma April 10th, 2013 11:24 PM

Nice and simple and hard to hit. Dig it.

I'm good with Irredeemable and good with suggested defense of 2.

Love the bio as well :) What a jerk :twisted:

quozl April 10th, 2013 11:25 PM

Looking through what we've done already:

Corrupt, Degenerate, Heartless, Manipulative, Opportunistic, Predatory, Self-Centered, Self-Righteous, Spoiled, Treacherous