Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Impossible Man (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35677)

tcglkn April 15th, 2011 10:29 AM

The Book of Impossible Man

The Book of Impossible Man

C3G MARVEL WAVE 14
FANTASTIC ADVENTURES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #052 / Impossible Man.

Character Bio - Impossible Man travelled to Earth after he got bored with his home planet of Poppup, where the evolutionary processes has sped up so much that he can change shape at will. When he got to Earth, he wasn't doing anything evil, just having fun. Because he is so powerful, even the Fantastic 4 couldn't do anything to stop the destruction he was accidentally causing. Eventually Mister Fantastic realized that they couldn't do anything to stop him from doing what he wanted, the only way to stop him was to ignore him and cause him to leave Earth out of boredom.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • N/A
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Impossible Man may add 8 to his roll if he chooses an Adventurer or Scientist for his Shapeshifting Prankster special power. Current Adventurers and Scientists.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Trickster

tcglkn April 15th, 2011 10:30 AM

Re: The Book of Impossible Man - Design

NAME = IMPOSSIBLE MAN

SPECIES = POPPUPIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = TRICKSTER
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 10

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 430

SHAPESHIFTING PRANKSTER
Before taking a turn with Impossible Man, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 8 to your roll if the chosen figure is an Adventurer or Scientist. If you roll 16 or higher, for this turn you may use any special powers on the chosen figure's Army Card. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Impossible Man or Impossible Man's card instead.

IGNORED
If a Unique or Event Hero starts its turn engaged with Impossible Man, the figure may choose to ignore Impossible Man. A figure that ignores Impossible Man cannot target him for any attacks or special powers this turn. If Impossible Man is ignored, he receives one wound and cannot make any leaving engagement attacks this turn.

POPPUPIAN POP
When Impossible Man defends against an attack, and you roll at least two blanks, Impossible Man takes no damage and you may immediately place him on any empty space up to 6 spaces away. When Impossible Man starts to pop, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

IAmBatman April 15th, 2011 10:40 AM

Good stuff. Though the Shapeshifting power having a bit of overlap with Doctor Doom's Power Drain has me a tad nervous, I think limiting it to Adventurers/Scientists to put him in more of an anti-Fan Four faction really helps with that.

tcglkn April 15th, 2011 10:54 AM

I might work up another option for you guys to look at later today.

tcglkn April 15th, 2011 03:02 PM

Poppupian Shapeshifting v 2
Before taking a turn with Impossible Man, you may choose of the following for this turn:
• Add 2 to Impossible Man's attack,
• Add 4 to Impossible Man's range,
• When Impossible Man attacks, he may attack one additional time,
or
• After moving and before attacking, you may choose one small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Impossible Man. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Chosen figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

With this power, I would drop his attack value to 1. These options are flexible and I am open to suggestions for more.

IAmBatman April 15th, 2011 10:48 PM

Should that read choose "one" of the following?
I think to keep it nice and clean, I'd go with the first three options and cut the fourth. He doesn't really strike me as the type who needs a "throw" power.

tcglkn April 16th, 2011 12:22 AM

Like this? I'd really like him to fall in the 400-450 point range if possible just because I feel like that's his power level.
Poppupian Shapeshifting v 2.1
Before taking a turn with Impossible Man, you may choose one of the following for this turn:
or
• When Impossible Man attacks, he may attack one additional time.

A3n April 16th, 2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1386298)
Like this? I'd really like him to fall in the 400-450 point range if possible just because I feel like that's his power level.
Poppupian Shapeshifting v 2.1
Before taking a turn with Impossible Man, you may choose one of the following for this turn:
or
• When Impossible Man attacks, he may attack one additional time.

I'm not sure of the theme here, please explain. I understood your current one in the OP, that made sense with the character, but I am not following the theme of this version.

Cheers

tcglkn April 16th, 2011 07:31 AM

It was just an option to allow him to his harder, farther or faster as he wanted.

tcglkn April 17th, 2011 05:46 PM

Alright so is everyone happy with the OP? It's been 48 hours and I haven't had many comments.

SirGalahad April 17th, 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1385929)
NAME = IMPOSSIBLE MAN
SPECIES = POPPUPIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PRANKSTER
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 15

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 400?

POPPUPIAN POP
Instead of moving Impossible Man normally, you may choose any empty space within 8 spaces of Impossible Man. Place Impossible Man on the chosen space. When Impossible Man starts to Pop, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

POPPUPIAN SHAPESHIFTING
Before taking a turn with Impossible Man, you may choose an Adventurer or Scientist Hero within clear sight of Impossible Man. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, during this turn you may use any special powers on the chosen figure's Army Card. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Impossible Man or Impossible Man's card instead.

IGNORED
After choosing a figure to attack and before Impossible Man rolls attack dice, the defending figure may choose not to defend roll defense dice against Impossible Man's attack. If the defending figure chooses not to defend roll defense dice, Impossible Man receives 1 wound.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLYING

For Shapeshifting, shouldn't he have to be adjacent to the chosen figure? How can he copy special powers just by having clear sight?

tcglkn April 17th, 2011 06:53 PM

He is just copying whatever someone else can do, he shouldn't need clear sight, its just a way to balance the power.

Wording changes made.