Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Torin (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29642)

dok March 26th, 2010 01:41 PM

The Book of Torin

The Book of Torin
Champions of the Forgotten Realms - Collection 11 (D1) - "Heroes of Faerun"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, you may view it in the gallery entry.

Character Bio: Torin is a new Cyclops summoned by Utgar. He’s a dangerous force on the battlefield using his BATTLEAXE to tear through smaller opponents and his EVIL EYE PROTECTION to give ranged counterstrike to adjacent small or medium Utgar figures that he protects.(truth)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • EVIL EYE PROTECTION & Stealth Dodge:
    Q. If Deathwalker 7000 is adjacent to Torin and is targeted with a normal attack by a non-adjacent figure, do all shields rolled after the first count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure?
    A. Yes.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Torin may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • EVIL EYE PROTECTION : Small and Medium Utgar Units
    Any small or medium figure that follows Utgar and is adjacent to Torin may benefit from his EVIL EYE PROTECTION.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Torin Pre-Release Discussion Thread

lonewolf March 26th, 2010 01:45 PM

Re: The Book of Torin

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 1047719)
  • EVIL EYE PROTECTION : Small and Medium Utgar Units
    Any small or medium figure that follows Ullar and is adjacent to Torin may benefit from his EVIL EYE PROTECTION

Couple typo's in red.

dok March 26th, 2010 02:01 PM

Thanks. Fixed.

While I didn't include the full list in the book (it's really too long to be very useful), here's the list of figures to whom Torin can offer Evil Eye Protection:
Spoiler Alert!

Schulzy March 26th, 2010 02:30 PM

Pairing up Torin with The Zettians seems like a good start to an army; the soulborgs can shoot from range while Torin gives them ranged counterstrike. Set up a deathreaver screen, throw in some offensive units of choice, and call it a day. For large point games, I'd even throw up Taelord.

How would Counterstrike work with DW7K's stealth dodge? I would assume that all shields past the first one would go towards counterstrike damage.

EDIT: A ruling by GrungeBob states that the above statement is indeed true.

Scapemage March 27th, 2010 07:01 AM

This guy rocks! 6 attack dice against most figures!

Snotwalker 8000 March 29th, 2010 09:08 AM

Huh.... So now why would anyone ever draft Gurei Oni again? Poor, poor Gurei... :cry:

killercactus March 29th, 2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 (Post 1049768)
Huh.... So now why would anyone ever draft Gurei Oni again? Poor, poor Gurei... :cry:

Because he's a Guard and he has a Special Attack.

Hey, I'm tryin here....

gorthan313 April 10th, 2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1049807)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 (Post 1049768)

Because he's a Guard and he has a Special Attack.

Hey, I'm tryin here....

Hey, that's actually a quite good thought, especially against foes like Gladiatrons. Gurei can Tetsubo away at the Gladiatrons, negating Melee Defense, and potentially taking out 2 per turn, as opposed to Torin's possible 1 per turn. As I see it, the only advantage against the Glad/Blast combo at least that Torin has is 1 more life, but, if you can't clear the Gladiatrons fast enough, then, the Blasties will be rolling such huge amounts of die that it won't really matter.

Yeah, I could be going stir crazy here, folks.

Frylock April 10th, 2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schulzy (Post 1047745)
Pairing up Torin with The Zettians seems like a good start to an army; the soulborgs can shoot from range while Torin gives them ranged counterstrike. Set up a deathreaver screen, throw in some offensive units of choice, and call it a day. For large point games, I'd even throw up Taelord.

How would Counterstrike work with DW7K's stealth dodge? I would assume that all shields past the first one would go towards counterstrike damage.

EDIT: A ruling by GrungeBob states that the above statement is indeed true.

At 510, what about:

Knights x3
Finn
Eldgrim
Torin
Zettians

A bit lacking in the range department, but Super Zettians might not be so bad. I'm going to at least give this a try.

Einar's puppy April 10th, 2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schulzy (Post 1047745)
For large point games, I'd even throw up Taelord.

That's the right line of thought here. Just throw up Taelord, preferably into a garbage can. It's really where he belongs.

Boondocksaint April 11th, 2010 11:11 AM

I was in a tournment this weekend at got a chance to play a tried and true glad/blast combo with Raelin (Tournment was 445) against alot of the new units, Torin being one of them.

He had the Marro warriors, Zettien Guards, and the Warden, along with a few others.

I lost nearly an entire squad of blasts to the evil eye counter strike, the Zettiens were rolling 8 dice. I eventually ajusted the stratagy were I just brought up a ton of glads and overwhlemed the defense but it was cool to see the evil eye work so well. I am curious to see it now with say stingers, though OM placement at the beginning may be difficult.

Killometer May 25th, 2010 02:17 PM

I see a lot of talk about combining Zettians or Stingers+Raelin with Torin, but yesterday my brother used him as an island to roll 3 squads of Minions to me, and they seem like the best pair for him yet:
  • They already have a high defense, meaning that Raelin isn't necessary
  • They already move slowly, so stopping them around Torin doesn't bog down your advance much
  • They are melee, so it works in their benefit to make the other guy to come to you to cancel Evil Eye
  • They are common, so you can take full advantage of the 8 hexes of protection Torin offers
Torin + Minions x3 seems like a pretty good core at 450 points. :twisted: