Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Harley Quinn (II) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53199)

Arkham July 19th, 2016 09:31 PM

The Book of Harley Quinn (II)

The Book of Harley Quinn (II)

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...nnII_comic.png

Comic PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Joker's Wild set.
Its model number and name are #018 / Harley Quinn.

Character Bio - Harley Quinn is a flamboyant super-villain and an adversary of Batman usually recognized as the Joker's girlfriend, although she has had her own strong solo career. Born Harleen Quinzel, she had been working as a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum where she was assigned to the Joker and fell in love with him. This led to her adopting her own costumed persona, adapting the word harlequin, to assist him escape and cause further mayhem. Their relationship is passionate and continuously off-on, with Harley's best friend Poison Ivy constantly encouraging her to break up with him for good. However, Harley's love for the Joker eventually brings her back to his side with the Joker himself demonstrating a keen need for her despite himself. When not with the Joker, she has been working mostly on her own in Gotham City, sometimes teaming up with her other friends. Her special abilities include an enhanced physiology due to chemical experimentation, giving her increased strength, agility and durability. She has been a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains, the Secret Six, the Gotham City Sirens, and the Suicide Squad. - DC Wikia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arkham July 19th, 2016 09:32 PM

Re: The Book of Harley Quinn (II) (Breathing Period)

NAME = HARLEY QUINN II
SECRET IDENTITY = HARLEEN QUINZEL

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 180

ACROBATIC MOVEMENT
Harley Quinn never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Harley one space up to 6 levels up or down.

OVERSIZED MALLET
When Harley attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack, if she was not adjacent to that figure at the start of her turn, roll one additional attack die. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds, you may place that figure on an unoccupied space within 1 space of its original placement. A figure moved by Oversized Mallet never takes any leaving engagement attacks, and can receive any falling damage that may apply.

POP! GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Figures attacked by this special attack roll 1 fewer defense die. If a Unique Hero receives one or more wounds from this special attack, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.

Arkham July 19th, 2016 09:33 PM

Comic Art:

Figure Art:

Background Art:

Ronin July 19th, 2016 10:45 PM

I'd go with TB's suggestion for Oversized Mallet when the breathing period is up, and nose her down to 4 Life (unless there's something I don't know about the character on that front).

Other than that, looking good. Liking the direction here :up:

Viegon July 20th, 2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2102674)
I'd go with TB's suggestion for Oversized Mallet when the breathing period is up, and nose her down to 4 Life (unless there's something I don't know about the character on that front).

:word:

Also, what about replacing Gymnastics with Acrobatic Movement? It's a little wordy, but the extra movement seems thematic and I like reusing where we can.

Otherwise, I like where this design is at. :up:

johnny139 July 20th, 2016 10:41 AM

I'd like to avoid Acrobatics here if only because, y'know, I hate Acrobatics powers. :p I wouldn't mind either more pizzazz or a more generic name for Gymnastics, though.

Definitely in favor of brining down her Life and possibly her Defense depending on how she plays. Trimming the Mallet is also a good idea.

Her default being Range 4 seems a bit odd. How often does she use traditional guns and such? Or does it represent something else?

Also, stylistically, a popgun is often either one word or is simply hyphenated (pop-gun). The exclamation point is a bit unorthodox, grammatically, but it does feel appropriate here... if we do use it, in the text it should be stylized as "POP! Gun Special Attack" as that's how we generally format onomatopoeia, I believe.

Arkham July 20th, 2016 11:15 AM

The life was due to her ability to withstand a beating and keep on fighting, similar to the Joker but on a lesser level. I believe someone also stated that she had a minor healing factor in her modern representation. Not sure. I'm not opposed to bringing down her life, but her life and defense seems like overkill. 4 life and 5 defense with no defensive specials that keep her from being hit, seems a little too vulnerable IMO.

Her Mallet can be trimmed. Losing some of her versatility by eliminating the attack all adjacent figures with it is unfortunate, but perhaps cutting a bit of that for simplicity in favor of adding something to her defense would make for an overall better design.

If you look up Harley comic images, she seems to be wielding guns quite often actually. It's either Mallet, Bat, Hand guns, or a Popgun. So a range of 4, and to further play up that bag of offensive tricks and versatility, only seems natural.

That wording for popgun is fine.

As for gymnastics, I wouldn't be opposed to adding in something like:

X

That's just X added onto what I had. If we went with that, 5 defense would certainly work. We could cut the X aspect if we feel that is unnecessary.

Tornado July 20th, 2016 12:26 PM

Cartwheel Defense love. Nice.
Just remember to edit out the reference if HQII gets released first.
I like the two shield mechanic, obviously. :)

dok July 20th, 2016 12:49 PM

Given her ability to disengage and move through figures, I think just the second part of oversized mallet gives her enough versatility. I'd also drop it to just 1 space of movement as this is easier to balance and keeps you from doing silly things like throwing a figure behind her.

I support adding Cartwheel defense to gymnastics (or adding it seperately) - it's a nice callback to the earlier version.

As long as I'm here, I'll just note that the current version poses no metagame concerns.

Arkham July 20th, 2016 01:15 PM

I think this looks pretty good:

Quote:

NAME = HARLEY QUINN II
SECRET IDENTITY = HARLEEN QUINZEL

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170-180

GYMNASTICS
Harley Quinn never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

OVERSIZED MALLET
If Harley attacks an adjacent figure she was not engaged with at the start of the turn, roll one additional die. If the defending figure receives a wound, you may place that figure on an unoccupied space 1 space away from its current space. A figure moved by Oversized Mallet never takes any leaving engagement attacks, and can receive any falling damage that may apply.

POP! GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Figures attacked by POP! Gun Special Attack subtract 1 from their defense. If Harley inflicts one or more wounds with this special attack, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.
We can always change the name Gymnastics if we can come up with something people like more.

johnny139 July 20th, 2016 02:42 PM

I'm super against "shields block all damage and you get to bounce around" simply because I find it a finicky and annoying mechanic. So I'm against that.

Not enough to vote against it - I mean, it's part of the game - but I'd be happy to never release another design that uses it.

Yodaking July 20th, 2016 02:43 PM

I like the idea of the SA being her only ranged attack. I also kind of preferred the high defense to represent her agile nature direction and would rather see 6 def. here (or perhaps 5def. with an auto shield) than the double shield blocks all damage. It wouldn't be as bad as the single shield version but since we already have a single shield version giving her a lesser version seems wrong.