Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Migol Ironwill (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25213)

spiteofthedice May 27th, 2009 05:43 PM

The Book of Migol Ironwill

The Book of Migol Ironwill
Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - "Heroes of the Moon Tribe"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: NA

Synergy Benefits Received
Axegrinders of Burning Forge: Dwarven Strategic Bonding:
As a Dwarf Hero, Migol Ironwill may benefit from the Axegrinders' DWARVEN STRATEGIC BONDING activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
NA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Migol and the Axegrinders of Burning Forge Discussion Thread

Migol Ironwill - what's your army idea?

Power Ranking and Master Index
Although pretty tough and deadly, his boys can pretty much take him or leave him. B+
Unit Strategy Review
TBA
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...l_original.jpg
(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

ThrasherDarkrai May 27th, 2009 06:49 PM

Re: The Book of Migol Ironwill

Migol seems awesome. Hard to damage, hits like a truck due to Deadly Strike, and is only twenty points more than Crixus to boot. He also bonds, though the bonding is somewhat limited, but still a major point in his favor. He also has a killer sculpt. Great job with this one, designer/playtester teams! :D

theats May 30th, 2009 04:13 PM

so if one were going for a Dwarf Horde, Having him lead 20 dwarfs and 20 points to boot.

Thats an awful lot of angry midgits, albeit SLOW angry midgets. I suppose they would be good for a hammer and anvil tactic.

Lord Orich August 12th, 2009 03:37 PM

I think that Migol is the very idea of a mountain king. Standing on height he is a real beast with 5 def. and One Shield Defence if needed, as well as Deadly Strike with 3 skulls. A great defender for ranged squads and weak ranging heros.

Einar's puppy August 12th, 2009 05:52 PM

Having played a few tournament games against this combo, and feeling the pure 8 skull fury, I think it is safe to say that if you're not using Finn with Migol, you're really missing out. With finn's bonus stacked onto him, Migol can kill anything and everything without so much as breaking a sweat. Finn is great with uniques in general, but he's just insanely good coupled with migol.

rednax August 12th, 2009 06:13 PM

For me, the thing I love about Migol is that two of his abilities affect the dices' outcome. I believe he is the only figure that can do that. Double Skulls is awesome, as is one shield defense, and bonding to boot.

I could see using this build with him:

Axegrinders x3 210
Migol 110
Finn 80
Thorgrim 80
Marcu 20
Total 500/16

I'm really bummed out that Eldgrim wasn't just 10 points less. He would look so good next to Migol and the rest of the dwarves. :p

artemiscorso August 14th, 2009 12:13 PM

As we all know Elffy Dan just has to roll a skull to bypass defense, which doesn't really help against Migol that much because he's not hard to wound, just to kill. Another lawman(James Murphy) does much better against him point for point.
I have been impressed with how well Migol does against range. He can
close the gap because he can survive, and once he reaches them he can
put some hurt on too. I really like his sculpt, especially his eyepatch and his Monkey Dragon or whatever it is shield.

Kepler August 19th, 2009 01:54 PM

Has anyone put this guy 1-on-1 with Krug? As long as he didn't whiff on his defense at the wrong time I think he would have a real chance.

I just picked up him and the axegrinders and I am loving the dwarves. Probably my new favorite HS units.

Aldin August 19th, 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepler (Post 901089)
Has anyone put this guy 1-on-1 with Krug? As long as he didn't whiff on his defense at the wrong time I think he would have a real chance.

Nope, Krug's double attack is the problem, Migol loses this matchup >90% of the time.

~Aldin, trolling for wounds

tubafication August 19th, 2009 02:05 PM

I think the units he's best against are Deathwalkers, SBN, and Jotun. He can bring them down quickly with his hammer and only take one wound a turn. I do also think that his Achilles heel is people like Q9 or Krug, because he's going to die in about 3 turns with them.

gorthan313 August 19th, 2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubafication (Post 901103)
I think the units he's best against are Deathwalkers, SBN, and Jotun. He can bring them down quickly with his hammer and only take one wound a turn. I do also think that his Achilles heel is people like Q9 or Krug, because he's going to die in about 3 turns with them.

Jotun can chuck Migol around to possibly inflict two auto-wounds.

8K can continue attacking if he inflicts a wound.

rednax August 19th, 2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 901101)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepler (Post 901089)

Nope, Krug's double attack is the problem, Migol loses this matchup >90% of the time.

~Aldin, trolling for wounds

But Migol plus 2 squads of dwarves could take down Krug, 2 squads of Arrow Gruts, and 2 Swog Riders. :D