Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   C3V Pre-Release Speculation Thread. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48164)

boromir96 April 6th, 2013 12:15 PM

C3V Pre-Release Speculation Thread.

Ever looked at a Unit in the Miniature Thread and thought you knew where they were going with it? Read a hint that someone dropped and something hit you? Share your thoughts here!

My Speculations,

Garrett Burns: We've been told 2 things.
A. He's quick on the Draw.
B. He has a Very "Cowboy-esque" Power.

So, Might he have a power like this?

QUICK DRAW
When Garrett Burns is Targeted for a Normal Attack form a non adjacent figure, roll the 20 sided die. if you roll an 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound.

More thoughts later.

Arch-vile April 6th, 2013 12:26 PM

Re: C3V Pre-Release Speculation Thread.

:popcorn:

Heroscaper Guy April 6th, 2013 01:21 PM

Well, my speculation is for Kursus. I'm guessing this:
Spoiler Alert!

Why so I think this?The playtesting thread told this.
With uncanny speed he bounds across the hilly land, leaping above the heads of his enemies. He halts, only for a moment, atop a hill; lets lose a feral roar, then leaps, his armored fists humming, into the swarming midst of his enemy. On impact, a sonic wave sweeps outwards, enemy troops stumble and fall; Kursus is the only one who remains standing. Here ends my speculation.

boromir96 April 6th, 2013 01:50 PM

My thoughts on the Bloodburst Thrall.

I'm basing my speculation on 2 things.
1. The name Bloodburst
2. The figure looks very chunky, like it's swelling, and about to blow up.

So, 2 power ideas.

Bloodburst Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to this Bllodburst Thrall are affected by Bloodburst Special Attack. Roll dice once for all affected figures. After attacking with Bloodburst Special Attack, destroy the attacking Thrall.

Or,

Bloodburst
When a Bloodburst Thrall you control receives enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing the Bloodburst Thrall, you may roll one attack die. If you roll a Skull, all figures adjacent to this Bloodburst Thrall receive a wound.

Heroscaper Guy April 6th, 2013 01:54 PM

You've got some interesting guesses here, Boromir. I'm not gonna tell you if you're right or wrong though. Now I can exercise the annoying nature of abusing inside knowledge. Mwa-ha-ha!

boromir96 April 6th, 2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1795036)
You've got some interesting guesses here, Boromir. I'm not gonna tell you if you're right or wrong though. Now I can exercise the annoying nature of abusing inside knowledge. Mwa-ha-ha!

Well, one good turn deserves another, having playtested Kursus, I'm not going to comment on your guesses.;) Don't want to get into trouble :p

DanieLoche April 6th, 2013 02:13 PM

Personnaly, I thing that the Bloodburst will be nice against squads. That what the thralls needs to be more effective as they are specialized against heroes.

Heroscaper Guy April 6th, 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boromir96 (Post 1795046)
Quote:

Well, one good turn deserves another, having playtested Kursus, I'm not going to comment on your guesses.;) Don't want to get into trouble :p

Yep, me neither but I've only gotta wait 3 more days for Kursus. You can playtest Garret and the bloodburst right now though and help put them through playtesting.

boromir96 April 6th, 2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1795053)
Quote:

Quote:

Yep, me neither but I've only gotta wait 3 more days for Kursus. You can playtest Garret and the bloodburst right now though and help put them through playtesting.

Already signed up for Garrett, but Viegon seems to be taking a nap.:grumble: BB Thrall is next. :p

Heroscaper Guy April 6th, 2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boromir96 (Post 1795075)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1795053)
Quote:

Quote:

Already signed up for Garrett, but Viegon seems to be taking a nap.:grumble: BB Thrall is next. :p

He normally responds around lunch and 3'ish most days I've found.

Arch-vile April 6th, 2013 03:14 PM

I'll send it to you, Boromir. Hold on a sec.

ZBeeblebrox April 6th, 2013 05:55 PM

:popcorn:

-ZB, who loves to see speculation

superfrog April 6th, 2013 05:58 PM

An unspecified number of these guesses are correct to an unspecified degree of accuracy...

This is interesting indeed. :popcorn:

boromir96 April 6th, 2013 09:49 PM

I'm thinking the Ebon Armor will have some sort of Unique Squad movement bonding.

My Reasons,
Several people have mentioned that they work well with the Izumi
They're Bio makes them out to be guards, and the Izumi are the best Unique Squad for Guarding and Screening.

DanieLoche April 7th, 2013 06:30 AM

When I hear the name "Ebon Armor", it makes me think about an object that an other unit could wear. Well that look a little strange to use in HS... ^^

Perhaps a defensive spirit?

greygnarl April 7th, 2013 10:56 AM

If it was something like DanielLoche thinks then my guess would be that you can place them on a Unique Squad to be extra defense/exoskeleton markers. I'm worried about the Krav though so I assume they either don't boost Unique Squads at all or they have some sort of obvious stipulation like Melee Unique Squad bonding.

Sir Yeshua April 7th, 2013 03:49 PM

Those are some pretty cool ideas for the Ebon Armor. I kinda wish they were coming out this wave. :cry:

But what about all the new Varks? They would take up two packs out of a wave, plus part of a Hero Pack. Will they receive their own special release? Or... could VC be working on a new Master Set?!? It's a crazy idea, but who knows what they could be planning in the Inner Sanctum?

Heroscaper Guy April 7th, 2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua (Post 1795577)
Those are some pretty cool ideas for the Ebon Armor. I kinda wish they were coming out this wave. :cry:

But what about all the new Varks? They would take up two packs out of a wave, plus part of a Hero Pack. Will they receive their own special release? Or... could VC be working on a new Master Set?!? It's a crazy idea, but who knows what they could be planning in the Inner Sanctum?

I believe ZB said at one point they were planned to be part of this wave but something came up.

Son of Arathorn April 7th, 2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua (Post 1795577)

I think the Varks are coming out in a later wave.

A new master set would be amazing. :ponder:

I remember in an article on HeroScape color wheel theory that a Master Set focusing highly on Aquilla would be likely, since she didn't have a lot of units at the time, but that was ages ago; If a new one came out from VC, which would be amazing, but highly unlikely, I'd like to see a focus on Aquilla and Valkrill, just like Rise of the Valkyrie focused primarily on Utgar and Jandar; just a sprinkling of the other generals.

Of course, it'd be insanely difficult, and have no terrain, but they could include maps, scenarios, maybe even some terrain obstacles from other games (Dungeon Crawler tentacles, Confrontation walls, etc.).

If only we had those original terrain molds...

I predict that the Ebon Armor will have a defensive power for themselves and nearby small/medium figures; something like auto-shields or re-rolled defense dice.

johnny139 April 7th, 2013 08:26 PM

I think if a new Master Set was in the cards, they'd have saved the Cathar and the Eilan Sidhe for it in order to list the two Confrontation Sets as the source.

Three Vark Heroes
Four Vark Squads
Count Raymond
Five Common Squads

That'd be a total of 32 figures along with some nice terrain bits and a ton of dice, along with some variety of General (the remaining Varks presumably being all Aquilla, the distribution would be 7 Aquilla cards, 3 Einar cards, 3 Ullar cards).

It's still possible they'd go in the "Unofficial Master Set" direction, but it seems like the most obvious clues aren't there.

In retrospect, I think the Ram Army Box + Wolfen Army Box would have had an awesome Master Set base. It'd have a solid Utgar presense, a ton of units for Aquilla and Valkrill (the "new" Generals), and enough thematic synergy to design a solid scenario around. Too bad the Ram Army Box is so scarce now, though.

ANYWAYS!

One thing I'm wondering about is the alignment for the remaining Jonah Hex units. Garret seems like he could fit with any of the "darker" generals other than Valkrill, so Einar, Vydar, or Utgar. "TBN Jonah Hex Figure" has grey and yellow, so he seems like an obvious fit with Aquilla, but I'm most interested in the female included... I get a very Aquilla feel from her, as well, but I'm not sure why.

The Cowboys are one "faction" I have complete from Pre-Custom HeroScape, so I'm excited to finally see them getting new additions. I'm wondering if they'll preserve their "non-bonding low-synergy hero" feel or try and tie them together...

Sir Yeshua April 8th, 2013 08:02 PM

Excellent point, jonny139, I hadn't thought of that. Out of sheer curiosity, which would you prefer for Garret: A general-type unit, or another stand-alone Hero?

Heroscaper Guy April 8th, 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 1795125)
An unspecified number of these guesses are correct to an unspecified degree of accuracy...

This is interesting indeed. :popcorn:

Indeed some are unspecified degree of accuracy up to a point really close to what they are, really surprising actually.

johnny139 April 8th, 2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua (Post 1796202)
Excellent point, jonny139, I hadn't thought of that. Out of sheer curiosity, which would you prefer for Garret: A general-type unit, or another stand-alone Hero?

I dunno... part of me wants to make them more usable in more competitive builds, but I think I'd prefer they stay with the standalone feel. My games are pretty far down on the casual spectrum, so the cowboys are still viable drafts even without a commander.

Heroscaper Guy April 10th, 2013 06:05 PM

So, we have some names for future figures. Some from public playtesting thread and some from points and rewards of C3V members.
Spoiler Alert!
I know about some of these since I playtested some of them but some had problems so hopefully they can be resolved. Hopefully, we can see these soon.

Sock April 10th, 2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 1796604)
The Knights of Blackgaard

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1354848800

The figures used for this unit are a Aasimar Fighter figure from the D&D War of the Dragon Queen, Phalanx Soldier from the D&D Unhallowed, Axe Soldier from the D&D War Drums, and Royal Guard from the D&D Underdark. Their model numbers and names are Aasimar Fighter #1, Phalanx Soldier #7, Axe Soldier #4, and Royal Guard #11.

A grim, dark force marching onward. Slow to start, but when in the heat of battle, these knights will surge at the enemy, overwhelming them. Only those who share their relentless tactics may march in their ranks.

Thought I'd comment on this before I start playtesting. It sounds likes they'll have a Relentless Army Defense bonus like the Sacred band and 4th Mass.

I feel like they'll have some sort of Synergy with Hawthorne, as kind of reverse-KoW. Possibly a relentless champion movement/attack bonding for Hawthorne, as that wouldn't trigger his stab in the back. Maybe 'Whenever a relentless figure you control rolls the 20 sided die for an ability on his card, you may add one to the result."

Heroscaper Guy April 10th, 2013 06:50 PM

If only you knew.

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 07:00 PM

Sort of curious about their species - they looks like a grabbag to me. The red one is an orc, I think, the one with a wide stance looks significantly shorter... though that may just be the angle...

Arch-vile April 10th, 2013 07:00 PM

The public playtesters gaard the secrets of unreleased units well. :p

No orcs here, Johnny, they are all (white or black) humans.

Sock April 10th, 2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1797127)
If only you knew.

*Shakes tiny cloth fist*

:p

Also, the Bio for Garret Burns...

Quote:

Tough, mean, and quicker on the draw then most men half his age, Garrett Burns is a true nightmare to all who defend the law.
...makes it sound like he'll have an attack bonus versus lawmen. So...Utgar?

johnny139 April 10th, 2013 07:03 PM

Really? Hmm, I guess I can see that. I guess the next question is whether they're D&D style or from Earth. Probably Earth, since they seem to fit with Sir Hawthorne ("Relentless" name drop and all).

They can't really be tied to him via background, though, since Hawthorne is just a treacherous Knight of Weston. So I think any synergy between them would be minimal at best.

Sock April 10th, 2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

A grim, dark force marching onward. Slow to start, but when in the heat of battle, these knights will surge at the enemy, overwhelming them Only those who share their relentless tactics may march in their ranks.
99% Sure they have a few movement-based abilities. Relentless movement bonding? Maybe a Sabre Storm/Queglix gun style ability that lets them split moves (Begin each turn with twelve moves. One at a time, you may move each Blackgaard 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 spaces.)

Maybe an ability that lets you move with 4 Blackgaards and attack with 4 different Blackgaards.

Maybe a low move combined with a "Charging Assault" Ability like the Kozuke.

Maybe they deal more damage for each relentless figure engaged to the target enemy?

Heroscaper Guy April 10th, 2013 07:41 PM

Sock, if it drives you nuts just playtest them.

Sock April 10th, 2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1797169)

I sent Viegon a PM sometime around three-ish, but he hasn't replied yet. Meanwhile I've been furiously refreshing my browser every five minutes while posting my crazed, disjointed thoughts in this thread. :p

EDIT: He sent me a PM literally the second I posted this. I think he's psychic.

Heroscaper Guy April 10th, 2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sock (Post 1797176)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1797169)

I sent Viegon a PM sometime around three-ish, but he hasn't replied yet. Meanwhile I've been furiously refreshing my browser every five minutes while posting my crazed, disjointed thoughts in this thread. :p

EDIT: He sent me a PM literally the second I posted this. I think he's psychic.

Have fun, if you need army ideas for them PM me and I can help maybe.

greygnarl April 10th, 2013 08:07 PM

Anyone else think that the Hoplitron may have kickstarted development on this guy? That thing in his hand looks like it could be used in melee. I'm guessing that the gun will be a weak ranged special.

Heroscaper Guy April 10th, 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greygnarl (Post 1797190)
Anyone else think that the Hoplitron may have kickstarted development on this guy? That thing in his hand looks like it could be used in melee. I'm guessing that the gun will be a weak ranged special.

Maybe, we don't really know how far in development he is though. I do think he'll be melee with a throwing weapon special with that club.

awesomeunleashed April 10th, 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1797192)
throwing weapon special with that club.

That's a massive scythe, not really suitable for throwing.

Heroscaper Guy April 10th, 2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed (Post 1797203)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1797192)
throwing weapon special with that club.

That's a massive scythe, not really suitable for throwing.

Huh, looks like a club. I figured if axes can be throwing weapons so can that. I don't think you can throw a scythe so I'll take back my thought.

Sock April 13th, 2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

With blazing speed they advance, dodging fire left and right. Before their prey knows it, the Zettians' first line of defense becomes their only necessary line of defense.
It sounds like they'll have a Stealth Dodge/Scurry type power. Maybe a "Hyperspeed 4" ability like the Silver Surfer?

They'll obviously have a flying/movement type power(Hovering?), and probably some form of disengage.

bobinchese April 13th, 2013 04:14 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Here's a secret, if you playtest the units you can find out for yourself 8)

~bobinchese, recruitingly

greygnarl April 13th, 2013 04:46 PM

Doing my Blackgaard tests now. Also sounds like a Soulborg version of Exoskeleton.

betawolf36 July 9th, 2013 03:56 PM

Anyone else think the Wolfen heroes will be Tribesmen? It would give the Mohicans a new bonding option, and it fits with the Wolf Tribes of Grut hinted at in the Blade Dancers bio.

Sir Dendrik July 9th, 2013 04:17 PM

I made a custom a while back for that Scythe Robot, giving him range and a special attack which allowed him to attack all adjacent figures with a sweeping scythe attack.

That figure is just too cool not to play with. I look forward to the official release.

Serenity July 9th, 2013 05:39 PM

I think you might be on to something, betawolf. That makes a lot of sense. That will spur me on to getting some mohicans, if it is true.

ZBeeblebrox July 15th, 2013 08:42 PM

:whistle:

signed,

ZBeeblebrox

awesomeunleashed July 15th, 2013 08:46 PM

The Ides are the 15th, so, the 17th, as I suspected. :)

betawolf36 July 15th, 2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1844870)
:whistle:

signed,

ZBeeblebrox

Yeah! More tribesmen!:headbang:
Probably.

Kinseth July 16th, 2013 12:51 PM

Where are all the pictures of these figures so I can speculate???